Lace is beautiful and adds romance and charm to any wedding. You can purchase lace cheaply and in a variety of colors and patterns at local craft stores. This article will provide you with 10 easy ways to add lace to your wedding decorations.
1. A lace table runner is easy to make; just cut the lace to suit the length and width you will need. This will add texture and detail to your wedding table while also bring in an extra color from your wedding scheme.
2. A lace banner is easy enough to make. Just cut lace into rectangles and paint letters on each one with fabric paint. Then glue or tie the letters to a long cord so you can hang it wherever you need some style at your wedding venue.
3. Fabric flowers are very popular and they are easy to make with lace. Simply cut circles of lace in varying sizes. Then layer them on top of each other and sew a pearl into the center. You can then hot glue a wire to the back of the flower and add it to your wedding decorations.
4. Pew bows can be made with a variety of lace. Lace ribbon and lace fabric are both suitable for this project. You can make a simple two loop bow using a large piece of lace, or you can make a more complicated many loop bow using lace ribbon and wire.
5. Placemats can be made directly using lace because it does not fray on the ends. Simply cut the lace into the appropriate size and shape. You can also use lace ribbon to dress up simple place mats.
6. There are many pretty garlands that can be made using lace. Garland is a great wedding decoration because it can be hung or draped anywhere there is space. To make a simple lace garland you can cut strips out of lace and loop them around a long cord. This is accomplished by folding a strip in half and slipping the cut ends through the loop while keeping the cord inside the knot.
8. Card boxes are a fun way to store cards for easy access and reply later, and they are a fun element to decorate for your wedding. Creating a card box is as easy as wrapping a present. Just remember to leave a small slot in the top so the cards can slide in. Add some lace ribbon around the box using glue or glue on some lace appliques.
9. Using ruffle lace to border the bottom edge of place cards is another really charming way to add delight to your wedding.
10. Table number signs can easily be overlooked, but they provide an opportunity to show you DIY skills. Simply use a stencil to trace numbers onto a piece of lace and glue it to a piece of card stock that has been folded in half. Using contrasting lace and paper will make the number stand out, and folding the paper will make the table number sign stand up.
These simple tips and projects make it easy to add lace to any wedding decoration. Subtle details like these provide big impact on your big day!