There are many reasons why some flooring materials are better than others. But which flooring material is best for you? Here are ten reasons why carpeting might be the best solution for your home or businesses flooring needs.
- 1. Acoustics – One of the main reasons carpeting is such a good choice for flooring is that it helps to reduce interior noises in the home. Tune down the echoes in your home by installing carpeting.
- 2. Warranty – Carpet probably has one of the best warranties on the planet. Typical carpeting with an extended warranty is designed to last 20 years or more, so your carpet will go out of style before it goes bad.
- 3. Comfort – Nothing is softer underfoot than a carpet and padding. Thick luxurious carpeting is so inviting that it’s hard not to sprawl out and lay out on its soft surfaces. It’s also good for orthopedics and back support standing on soft carpet versus hard flooring.
- 4. Energy Efficient – Because carpeting is an insulator, it works well for keeping interior air conditioning or heating temperatures consistent. A good carpet can help reduce heating and cooling costs significantly.
- 5. Choices – There are thousands upon thousands of colors, styles, textures and design features that no other flooring material can match. If you’re looking for options, look no further than carpeting.
- 6. Cheap – Carpet is one-if not the cheapest material for flooring. Other than a bare concrete floor, carpeting is often cheaper than $1 a square foot installed. And while it’s low in price, it’s long lasting and sturdy enough for even the heaviest of foot traffic situations.
- 7. Safety – Slippery flooring can easily cause falls and spills. Carpet is hard to make slippery-even if it gets wet. And even if you do accidentally take a tumble, you’re more likely to walk away from a fall on a carpet than you are on a wood floor.
- 8. Low Maintenance – With a quick vacuuming, your carpet is going to remain clean and neat for a long time. Even when stains do appear from abuse or overuse, they can easily be steam cleaned away, bringing a dated carpet back to life almost instantly.
- 9. Hypoallergenic – Allergies can be a problem for anyone where indoor air quality isn’t at its best. Carpet is the only flooring material that actually traps dust and air particles, ensuring people with allergies have a less difficult time when pollen and other airborne problems are at risk of causing asthma troubles.
- 10. Materials – Whether it’s naturally made fibers or manmade, you can find a carpet made from it. Sheep’s wool, cotton and other natural fibers can make carpet some of the greenest flooring on the planet. Synthetic polyesters and nylons can be used to make carpet completely stain and traffic resistant.
More Awesome Home Improvement Articles from Eric Brennan
Tips for Choosing the Best Subflooring
Ten Tips for Ordering Concrete
Task lighting in the Kitchen