Chicken recipes are made around the world whether it’s USA, UK, Asia or Australia. The only difference is their cooking method and the ingredients and preparations used. Chicken recipes are also good for health if you are a fitness enthusiastic! It’s easy-to-cook, low in fat as compared to red meat, rich in protein, inexpensive and a versatile food that can be cooked in many ways. Recipes like chicken carbonara, chicken caprese are the simple to cook and are favorite among all.
In today’s article we will discuss the 10 tips through which you can make your chicken dishes scrumptious and simply great in taste. First of all, chicken is a bland food and it doesn’t have its own flavors or taste. Secondly, eating chicken everyday can become boring and monotonous. Therefore, we will discuss some methods and spices that you should keep handy for use –
- Marinating – As I said it before, chicken doesn’t have its own flavors and for richer flavors it’s important to marinate the chicken before cooking. Marinating time can vary between at least 30 minutes to 6 hours plus. While marinating for long don’t forget to store in a refrigerator. Longer you will keep the marinade the flavors will get infused more.
- Healthy Marinating – There are different styles of marinating which uses yogurt, oils or fats with spices. For healthy marinating you can try fruit juices, or chicken broth for the marinade for healthy recipes.
- Seasoning – There are different types of seasoning which can be used for chicken recipes. One can try from the basic salt and pepper to some bold seasoning like lemon peel, rosemary herbs, infused vinegar, dry or white wines etc. for that extra zing.
- Salt and sugar rub – This is one of the popular ways to make your chicken taste great. In this method, you put all the spices, herbs and juices in a bag and let it sit for 7-8 hours for marinating. Once you are done, rinse the chicken pieces and you are ready to cook this recipe.
- Spices – When spices come into mind, Indian spices make an impact here. Whether it’s about the South Indian Chicken chettinad or the muglai dishes. Indians play with their spices and flavours when it comes to preparation. Though Indian dishes are too spicy for our palate but with little experiment like less use of spices can definitely help us to get the international flavors. Their main spices are cumin, ginger, coriander, bay leaves, cardamom, coriander, garlic, chili powder etc.
- Brine – This is one of the best ways to cook. To make a very juicy, tender, and flavorful chicken soak it in salt water, also known as brine, before cooking. To create good brine, dissolve a half-cup of salt and a half-cup of brown sugar in a gallon of water.
- Lovely leftovers – Leftover chicken is great for lunches. With the leftover you can make variety of dishes at a very short time. From sandwiches to fried rice; you can cook anything and anytime with these leftovers.
- Proper Baking – For the baked chicken recipes, baking a whole chicken, the best is to keep the chicken juicy and tender with the skin on to avoid drying out the meat. The skin helps to hold the juices and flavors of the meat. It can be easily removed after cooking.
- Cooking Thermostat – Temperature is important while cooking chicken. High heat or over-cooking can make chicken dry and it can ruin the taste. Ideally, chicken should reach 180 degrees F and chicken breasts should be cooked to a temperature of 170 degrees F.
- Non-Stick Skillet Pan – For cooking healthy chicken recipes it is important to check the use of oil or fat in a recipe. A non-stick skillet pan not just reduces the use of oil or fat in a recipe but makes sure it doesn’t ruin the taste of the dish by adding extra oil or fat.
Chicken is a great source of protein and is really good for the health. Try to make simple and different easy recipes so that it won’t become boring anymore. Try your imaginations and play with flavors and herbs you never know when you come up with an awesome chicken recipe.