It happens to every direct sales consultant at one point or another. Your business is booming, people are interested in your product and then one day the orders stop or slow down significantly. This could last for a couple weeks, months or even longer. Don’t let this slow period kill your direct sales business. Here are ten ways to help boost your direct sales business during those slow periods.
1. Create an amazing deal. Something that will catch everyone’s eyes and be impossible for them to refuse. Get creative!
2. Give samples away. This is a great way to get more customers. Especially those who are hesitant to try something for first time. People love anything free. Although this is a great idea, there is no need to break the bank. Pick samples that you already have, that are cheaper or that you can buy in bulk for less.
3. As always you should be looking for people to host a party. Encourage people to host an online party. Done right, online parties can be a huge success. This is perfect for the customer who is reluctant because they just simply don’t have the time.
4. Hold an open house for anyone to attend. If you run into a time where you can’t get any bookings, throw your own party. Invite your regular customers and have them bring people as well. Have samples and products on hand. Create a deal for people who bring a guest or buy something.
5. Create gift certificates if you haven’t already. Gift certificates are something that every direct sales consultant should offer. They are perfect for holidays, birthdays and any special occasion. Have them on hand when you do parties. Let people know what a great gift your products would make and why.
6. Team up with another direct sales consultant to host double parties or open houses. Be sure they are different then your company. Two companies that sell food or jewelry won’t help. This will help you both out with sales plus get you more customers.
7. Hold a contest! Another thing people love are contests. Social media is a great place to hold a contest. Maybe the winner gets a free item? Maybe they get a certain amount off. Have people get entries for liking your page, following you, sharing your page, referring a friend, making a purchase and anything else fun that you can come up with.
8. Offer free shipping. Something so small doesn’t seem as though it would make a big difference but it does. Shipping can be so expensive in some cases and a huge turn off to customers.
9. Get out of your comfort zone! Get out there and meet people, introduce yourself and your company.
10. Take this time to really examine your direct sales business. Figure out what is working and what isn’t. Revamp things, get creative and get organized!
Working in direct sales can be difficult at times and so many consultants give up before even trying. They give up when it gets slow but there is no need to. Try these ten ways to help your direct sales business thrive during the slow time’s.