Imagine a world in which search engines did not exist. How would you find the products, services or information you are looking for, and would your results be accurate enough to avoid wasted time? Whether you are looking for a plummer or a dentist, or shopping for a wedding dress or pair of jeans, chances are you are going to use a search engine such as Google, Yahoo or Bing to find what you are looking for. Below are 12 stats that prove the majority of web traffic stems from the search engines.
1) 80% of traffic to a website begins with search query (Formstack)
2) 75% of users never click past the first page. (Hubspot)
3) 80% of unsuccessful searches are followed with keyword refinement (SERPS Behavior Study)
4) Google owns 65-70% of the search engine market share. (Imforza)
5) Search is the #1 driver of traffic to content sites, beating social media by more than 300% (Search Engine Land)
6) MarketingCharts reports that over 39% of customers come from search.
7) There are over 100 billion global searches being conducted each month. (Search Engine Journal)
8) 44% of online shoppers begin by using a search engine. (Interconnected World: Shopping and Personal Finance)
9) Worldwide, we conduct 131 billion searches per month on the web. (Comscore)
10) Search Engine Usage Percentages (Comscore)
- Google: 67.5%
- Bing: 16.7%
- Yahoo: 11.6%
- Ask: 2.6%
- AOL: 1.7%
11) 91% of users say they find what they are looking for when using search engines. (Pew Internet)
12) According to a study by comScore qSearch, there are 4.9 billion Internet searches per month- that’s 1,890 searches EVERY SECOND. (Comscore)
SEO Services for Top Search Engine Placement
So what do these Stats mean for your business? It’s simple, whether you are large corporation or a small business if you want to be seen by the majority, you must improve your overall search engine visibility. The best way to improve your visibility is a strategy known as SEO (Search Engine Optimization). There are several search engine marketing strategies to help your website get found, two important ones are known as organic listings (SEO) and sponsored listings (PPC). Both of these strategies can be performed by a business owner or by a professional search engine marketing company, and can be done on almost any budget. While PPC involves paying per visit, SEO requires a strategic campaign designed to compete with the top ranking sites to earn the first page listings that deliver free ultra relevant traffic.
Who performs your SEO services and your budget will determine how fast you can expect to receive search engine traffic and the overall value of your organic visitors. With so many websites and competitors competing for top placement on the world’s best advertising locations (the search engines), businesses in some industries may find themselves needing professionals to help them compete. Especially since most of your top competitors will have SEO agencies on their side.
If you find yourself looking for an SEO company to help your website get found on the SERP’s, make sure you do your homework. The SEO industry has a black-eye because 80% of all SEO service providers are either scam artists or ineffective. Check for references, testimonials, case studies, past reports, certifications, etc. Who performs your SEO services is becoming more important to your business’ success than ever.
Get Found :)