Halloween can be so much fun for both kids and adults, because there are so many millions of decorating ideas and crafts from which to pick. Sometimes it can be hard to know where to begin.
If you are hosting a Halloween bash for the first time and you d not have a clue where to start in terms of decorating your house for Halloween, well there are plenty of tips and suggestions for you. Here are some of my favorite do-it-yourself (DIY) homemade Halloween decoration ideas that are easy and fun.
1. Halloween pumpkins. One of the most basic Halloween decorations is that of the pumpkin. The big orange pumpkins are easy to find and buy and you just bring those home from the store and start carving. If you want little plastic pumpkins, you can get them man places including Amazon.com.
2. How about ghost cut-outs? You definitely have to have those flying around in your house or outside on the deck. Find the free templates over at bhg.com.
3. Pumpkin carving. If you plan to carve your Halloween pumpkin, make sure you know how to do it. You can get instructions and pumpkin carving patterns and templates at dltk-holidays.com.
4. Spinning ghosts hanging from the ceiling. Spinning ghosts are fun and can entertain all night long. To find out how to make spinning ghosts for decorations, visit onecreativemomy.com.
5. Pumpkin-shaped trash bags. Want a super fast homemade decoration for Halloween that serves a greater good? Well, how about Halloween trash bags in the shape of pumpkins? Find them at Amazon.com or your local store.
6. Halloween boo bottles. Do you have some white plastic bottles in the recycling bin? If so, re-use them for Halloween with the instructions from rd.com.
7. Scary portraits. What if your family photos on the wall had orange eyes that looked real? Well, countryliving.com can show you how to make this effect.
8. Cutout ghost patterns. Maybe the young ones want to help out with the Halloween decorating. That is fine. Just use these bat and ghost template patterns from spoonful.com.
9. Fun Halloween plates. What if your Halloween party has lots of food and treats and you want them presented in a special way? Well, thisgirlslifeblog.com has some great ideas for quick and easy plate decorating.
10. Halloween wreaths. You can always just buy a Halloween wreath, but if you want to make one yourself, make sure to visit soyouthinkyourecrafty.com for some ideas.
11. Scary bar. What if you want to add a little bit of fun fear? Well, making a spooky Halloween bar will do the trick. Find out how at diynetwork.com.
12. Tissue paper ghosts. Everyone has tissue paper and a black pen so everyone can make this fun project for Halloween. See countryliving.com.
13. Candy corn recipes. Lastly, everyone loves candy corn so head on over to yummly.com for great candy corn recipes.
That is all there is for now of a long list of ideas for cheap, easy and quick do-it-yourself Halloween decorations and props. Make sure to box everything up after Halloween so you can re-use the items during next year’s Halloween parties. Happy Halloween.