1. Losing Weight Without Exercising Is Impossible!
You may have heard this statement said before, but contrary to popular belief, the truth is, that you can lose weight without exercising and I’ll tell you how to do it 100% of the time! If you think about it, your body burns calories every day just like your car uses up gas. If you try to fill up your car with more gas then it’s burned, it’s going to overflow. Just like a car, if you fill up your body with more calories than it will burn it will overflow as well, in the form of fat.
The easiest way to avoid this is to watch what you eat. Exercising is great, but when you begin exercising it brings in many other variables, that if you were to just get on a diet, would not be there. Some examples of variables that are brought into the picture when exercising are; overeating due to hunger after a long workout, miscalculating your calories burned and then eating more than you should, having too much rest because of your new workout routine, etc.
Don’t misunderstand what I’m trying to say here, exercising is great, but it complicates your weight loss as opposed to just restricting your diet by watching what you eat. It’s also not accurate to state that it’s not possible to lose weight without exercise, because it most definitely is!
2. Without A High Metabolism, You Will Get Fat!
There are many people in the fitness and health industry who talk about metabolism as if they know what they’re saying, but 95% of them are absolutely wrong! I’m sure you’ve heard that it’s possible to increase your metabolism you by taking pills, exercising more, or some other state of the art method. If that’s true, listen to what I’m about to say, there is no way to increase your metabolism, period! That’s right, since birth your organs have set what your metabolism will be and they do change throughout the years, but it’s not something you can control.
Well, you ask what about muscle growth, that must increase your metabolism by some degree? Yes, you’re correct, but 85% of your metabolism is determined by your organs. That leaves only 15% to be determined by various other sources within your body. If you add muscle, you will increase your metabolism, but it will be by such a minute amount per day that it’s pretty much irrelevant, unless you’re planning on adding massive pounds of muscle onto your body. Therefore, this might raise the metabolism to an amount that’s actually measurable.
My point here is be cautious when you hear someone offering a product that can raise your metabolism, it’s much more wise to save your money and spend it elsewhere then to waste it on something that, even if it didn’t work as advertised, could only affect 15% of your metabolism anyway.
3. All You Need To Do Is Gain Muscle & Lose Weight & Your Body Will Be Perfect!
While this has some truth to it, the overall statement is inaccurate. Both the factors of losing body fat and increasing your muscle mass are required in order to sculpt your “perfect body “, but they need to be shaped and formed and have a purpose behind them. You need to target certain areas to build up with muscle mass and certain areas to target with weight loss. If you didn’t do this you might look okay, but where would the limit be? What would set the standard of two much fat loss and too much muscle gain?
The overall idea of this point is to keep in mind that you’re sculpting your perfect body, sculpting meaning, taking time to dissect and realize what needs to get smaller and what needs to get larger, what needs to be wider and what needs to be taller, in order to give you the look that you’re going for.
Hopefully those three tips helped you think a little differently about how you’re going to carry out your next workout and maybe they’ll even save you some time and money along the way!