Summer is around the corner again! This makes me happy because I am obsessed with water. Sometimes I think I should have been a mermaid. But I know that Summer brings tension to some women because it happens to be bikini season. The thought of Summer should not scare you. It does not matter what size you are, you can look amazing on the beach. I am so happy that there are many designers who now cater to more curvy women. I love going shopping for bathing suits which happen to be my favorite thing in the world. I don’t just go shopping for myself but for my family members too. I have curvy women in my family and I always want them to look great and feel greater in whatever they put on. I remember when all the bathing suits for curvy women were hideous but that is not the case anymore. Here are some great ideas of bathing suits that look great on thicker women.
5 Flattering Bathing Suit Types for Thick Girls
1) Prints: I am obsessed with prints but people fail to realize that they do a great job of disguising your imperfections. A great print to get a bathing suit in is leopard/cheetah print because it is so busy that it takes the attention off of your body and your imperfections and puts it on the print. No one would be able to tell what shapes are from your stomach and what shapes are from the print. This Print Bathing suit is a great example because it incorporates not only the print but other styles that I will mention below. It also has a sexy aspect with the halter top and shows some cleavage.
2) Tiered Top: Tiered tops are very cute! This is an amazing way to hide your stomach if you happen to have a little pouch. It’s fashionable but at the same time it hides your imperfections so that you can feel confident when you are at the beach or lounging by the pool. This Longitude swimsuit is a perfect example of what you want to look for in a tiered bathing suit. I also love how the base color is black because that is very slimming but at the same time there is some color on there also. Going for all black could look really drab and boring but throwing some color on there brightens everything up.
3) Diagonal Ruching: This is fabulous for disguising a stomach. Ruching should be one of your best friends because it does wonders for the figure. Sometimes, ruching that goes straight across the stomach tends to give a sloppy look so it is better (and safer) to get a bathing suit with diagonal ruching. I love this Miraclesuit from Macy’s because not only does it have the diagonal ruching, it also has a low V neck which shows off your great boobs. A great way to get people’s eyes off of your problem area is to move their eyes to an area you are more proud of.
4) Swimdress: Swimdresses are amazing because they sinch in your waist and flows out to cover your stomach. My favorite swimdresses are the shorter ones because they show off your bottoms. When you are at the beach, you don’t want to look like you’re dressed to be at the mall or out to dinner. Longer swimdresses can make you look older and less fabulous than you are. This Roaman’s swimdress is a perfect example. You can wear it with or without straps, it has powernet lining for tummy control and it comes in a great print.
5) High Waisted Bikini Bottoms: Curvy girls can wear two piece bathing suits too. The high waisted bikini bottoms are perfect because they show some skin while still covering your stomach. Also, because high waisted bathing suits are in style, no one is going to notice that you are trying to hide your problem area. And even if they do, who cares? At least you will be looking fabulous. Click Here to view an example from Monif C.
Now it is your turn to find the perfect bathing suit for you! Don’t be afraid to get into the store and try on a few different ones before you choose the one you love the most. Everything is not going to look great on you, that’s life. But never let that discourage you. Try to incorporate two or more of these styles into a bathing suit. Don’t give up looking; there is something out there just for you. And when you find it, you will know.