Wishing for more energy to experience everything life has to offer has become an increasingly popular pastime. Consider those commercials for energy shot beverages, or stop to see how many quick-stop coffee shops are in your area. These businesses are making billions of dollars from people wanting that next burst of energy to make it through the day with. Instead of reaching for an expensive beverage that only promises a few hours of vigor though, why not learn these life-changing steps for gaining an unlimited amount of energy? Not only will you find boundless energy, you will save some money and increase your overall health and happiness.
Five Steps for Gaining Unstoppable Energy
1. Reconnect to broader energy sources. Taking even five minutes a day to connect with something larger than yourself can be just the ticket you need to feel invigorated and full of life. For some, that might be a divine presence, for others, it might be nature. It could also be your higher self, goals you’ve set or intentions you’ve created. Whatever that broader source is for you, that time to fully immerse yourself in the energy it offers. Breathe it in, feel it and carry it with you throughout the day.
2. Surrender! Resistance is an energy sucking vampire if there ever was one. Acceptance on the other hand allows you to have the energy to make other choices. Accept everything, exactly the way it is and then decide what you will do about it from that point. (Hint: You can’t change other people, places or things, so make your decisions about your own options)
3. Relax! Forcing yourself to fit as much as possible into a 24 hour time period creates pressure and you expend tons of energy trying to navigate with all that weight on your shoulders. Take a deep breath and remind yourself that you have plenty of time. Remaining relaxed and focused will help you get a lot more accomplished than stressing yourself into an early grave from always trying to beat the clock.
4. Learn to discern. Consider your energy level as if it is cold hard cash. Is it worth it to get all bent out of shape and using up a massive amount of energy because the driver in front of you is driving 25 miles per hour in a 35 mile per hour zone? In other words, stop to consider what you are giving your energy away to and choose whether it is truly worth it.
5. Attend to the moment. When you keep thinking of everything you have to do and how little time you have, you get overwhelmed and stressed out and – guess what? Yes. That’s a huge energy zapper. Write your things to do on a piece of paper or in a computer file and then check them off as you go instead of continually thinking about them. You’ll find you have tons more energy for each moment if you attend to them one at a time.
Of course getting a great night’s sleep, eating right and exercise will help your body process and store energy you need. These five steps for gaining unstoppable energy can give that healthy living a power boost in ways that energy drinks or caffeinated beverages will never be able to compete with. Give them a try and discover for yourself how invigorated you’ll feel.