Valentine’s Day is just around the corner – are you prepared? How many of you are tired of the same old “movie and dinner” routine? Or what about those single folks who just want to spend this day of love with good friends and company? Here are our top 5 most unique Valentine’s Day date nights good for singles and couples alike! This list is based off of DFW events, but if you search for events like these locally you should have no problem creating your own unique evening!
1. Party like animals at your local zoo. If you or your partner are an animal lover, you should try looking up your local zoo and see what they’re offering for Valentine’s Day. At the Fort Worth Zoo they’re offering several unique options, both for those who love Valentine’s and for those who hate it! There’s the Penguin Party for the lovebirds, and the Bitter Dinner for the singles. For those looking to save a few bucks, there’s the less expensive route of gift options instead of dinner – you can adopt penguins, or, for those with “unwavering” feelings, you can adopt a Haitian cockroach. Adopting one of the zoos animals helps to feed and care for the creature for a year. For more information, visit the Fort Worth Zoo website, or check with your local zoo!
2. Themed Parties for singles and couples. Without a doubt you’ll want to check out one of your local themed parties going on during this year’s day of love. Couples and singles can party 60’s, 70’s, or 80’s style to themed music at this year’s 98.7 KLUV Valentine’s Day Party located in the Stemmons ballroom in Dallas. If you’re not local to the area, check your loacal oldies station website for some fun-filled events, otherwise, visits KLUV’s website for more information!
3. Recreate your first date or when you met your best friend. That’s right, all the way down to the outdated clothes and the big hair – the more adventurous couples and besties will have loads of fun recreating their first time together! If you’re no longer in the area where you first met, just go to places similar to where you went the first time. Be sure to take photos for your scrapbook so you can compare then-and-now and laugh at the memories for years to come!
4. Wicked love in a haunted house. This is no joke; there are many local haunted houses that open especially for the day of love. One of the bigger ones is located in New York City, but you can check your local listings for one near you, or see if this list on DesigningFear shows one near you. If you’re in the DFW area, however, head on over to the Moxley Manor in Bedford, TX through the 14th – 16th for a frightfully good time!
5. Game night and movie night! For those looking to spend some time with friends, or who would rather stay in instead of go out, why not invite your nearest and dearest over for a rousing game night? It’s really very simple: Everyone brings a board or card game and/or a horribly cheesy movie. The movie can be any theme you choose – terrible B-flicks, super sappy love stories, or extra cheesy kung-fu movies! The point here is to have fun, relax, and enjoy the company of those you love most, whether you’re a couple or single. Best of all, you can do this anywhere!
Which of these unique Valentine’s Day date ideas are you going to do?