If you are like me, you cannot stand shopping at the mall during the holidays. The crowds, long lines and disheveled shops frustrate you. This year, bypass most of the madness. Shop for presents at the grocery store.
8 Christmas gifts you can buy at the grocery store:
- Ham. This meat is the most expensive part of a traditional Christmas dinner. Surprise a relative or friend who’s struggling financially to host their holiday meal with a ham. Drop this item off a week early, so this individual doesn’t pick one up too.
- Plants. Greenery is a win-win for holiday shoppers. Besides being moderately priced, plants are living organisms most people delight in looking at, even for less than 30 days. Be sure yours is potted in a festive holder.
- iTunes Gift Card. This Christmas gift you can buy at the grocery store offers the receiver hours of entertainment. According to MacRumor.com, around 500 million people use iTunes to supply song and other media for their iPods and iPads. So, anyone who owns these types of gadgets would appreciate a gift card for iTunes.
- Gourmet goodies. What place other than a grocery store can you find such a wide range of gourmet foods? From special jellies to Ghirardelli chocolate, shoppers can select a special treat. Gift wrap what you buy yourself or put together a themed goody bag.
- Lotto Tickets. Like baseball, gambling is an American pastime. Help the gambler in your life get his fix on Dec. 25 by presenting him with a mix of lotto scratch tickets. If he wins, you’ll be his good luck charm.
- Liquor. This Christmas gift you can buy at the grocery store is another crowd-pleaser. A survey completed by Gallup.com reported that the majority of U.S. citizens drink alcohol. Beer beats out wine as the preferred alcohol. Give your friend or family his preference.
- Books. Do people still read books? The answer: yes! You probably know a bookworm or two. Pick up a bestseller in the genre he reads and supplement this offering with his favorite snack and beverage.
- Candy. This sweet treat transcends all ages. Whatever a friend or family member craves to quench his sweet tooth late night, buy in triplicates. You can also put together a mix of candy in a gift bag that brings this person back to his childhood such as gummy bears and lollipops.
Use the above 8 Christmas gifts you can buy at the grocery store to shop for presents while buying food for yourself or family. You can avoid the mall and multitask. It’s a wonderful conversation.