Online marketing begins with creating a Facebook page. But unless you get to attract a huge number of fans who ‘Like’ your page, the prospects of your product getting a good exposure would remain a distant dream. So, how to increase your fan-base and make your business grow? What you need to do to get more likes to your Facebook page for free? I have summed up a list of 8 points that may prove handy for marketers like you:
Offer Like-Gating with Exclusive Content: One of the most promising ways to get more likes on Facebook and increase your fan-base is to give Like-Gating to the visitors. Your existing fans, i.e. who have already liked your page can see all the content, but those who still have not liked your page are prompted to do so by offering them a glimpse of some exclusive offers like e-books, beauty advises, sales, discounts, sample kits, free downloads, social media tactics, if they like your page. Thus by giving them a flash of what they can get if they like your page, they can be expected to become your fans. You can also link your website with these content-rich like gates, so that they are encouraged to visit your FB page and like it.
Create Facebook Tabs with Plenteous Content: There are sites that offer you the option of integrating your Facebook page as a tab and this means providing content rich pages to your visitors. Sites like tintup.com, feedmagnet.com, popmingle.com, snapwidget.com, badgeplz.com, streamer247.com, freevideocoding.com, and many more help you showcase content from different sites and organize it in the form of attractive tabs. So, when a user lands on your Facebook page, he has something worthwhile to read and be engaged. Thus, the possibility of him liking the page increases manifold.
Include images in your posts: Adding a picture to your status update always gets more likes and more sharing: the friends of fans get to see the images what your fans have shared , so your posts get a wider exposure. A visually-oriented post is more powerful and appealing to the audience and such posts generate huge engagement rate than the simple textual statues. An image has an emotional value and fans can easily connect to it, so there is higher possibility for it to be shared. This can help you go a long way in promoting your brand/product and getting more likes on Facebook page.
Use Facebook’s Ad Platform: Facebook ads are an effective and powerful way to generate a huge fan base and get more likes for your page. In accordance to the budget that you are willing to spend on these ads for your brand promotion, you must determine the optimal price that would help you reach the widest possible audience. Test your ads to evaluate by changing the target audience, their gender, age groups, locations etc. Perform demographic targeting tests to see the effectiveness of your ad. There can be two types of targeting that you can focus on:
- Focused Targeting: Use your ads to target users with specific interest, their likes on Facebook, their educational backgrounds, the activities on their timelines.
- Broad Targeting: It involves targeting a broad audience with demographics derived from variables like their clicks, their comments their communities, their favorite games, their birthdays etc.
Let your Audience be Part of your FB updates: Involving your fans in your activities and making them a part of it helps you increase your online reach. Begin a conversation and ask them about their opinion. You can make more fans by holding contests and polls. Ask questions, like their comments and reply back. Request them to like your page.
Link your Page with other Social Media Profiles: To increase the exposure, make sure that your other social media profiles on Twitter, Digg, StumbleUpon, and LinkedIn have Facebook links on them. It helps you to interact with a wider audience and get more likes for your Facebook page for free.
Utilize ‘Use Facebook as Page’ Feature: This feature lets you interact with your fans as a page rather than an individual user. You can update latest happenings in your business, your work and add images. This will draw more people to your page and increase the engagement activity. You can tag people in the images you upload; these images will appear in the profiles of those tagged which means promotion of your page. Facebook also provides options to the owner of the page to switch between his personal profile and his Facebook page. You can also interact with other local pages of businesses, organizations, improve your visibility, and ultimately get more likes on Facebook page.
Track Page’s Performance using Facebook’s tools: How well your brand page is doing is an important thing to know and analyze. There are tools that help you know of your success in social media circuits. Some of the tools are:
- Facebook Insights: Help you to analyze your fan’s activity for the content that you share. You can get to know about their engagement and likes on your page.
- Fan Reach: With this tool, you can determine the number of users who have seen your posts and know which posts attracted the maximum number of fans. It helps you to calculate the direct views that the users had of your updates.
- Organic Reach: It lets you know the total number of users (whether they have liked your page or not) who saw your posts. Like Fan Reach metric, Organic reach calculates only those visits that are directly from your fans and non-fans; and are not the result of their friend’s actions.
- Engagement: The tool tells you the number of users who clicked or interacted in any way with your posts. Thus, you can get to know the number of likes, shares, and comments from them.
People Talking About This: As the name indicates, the metric indicates the number of people who responded to your post in some way or the other. Their likes, shares, comments, claims, answers can help you go a long way.
Then there are tools like CrowdBooster, Sprout Social, PageLever, Hootsuite, Virtue etc. to track your social media presence.