Shocker: until the 20th century, the practice of oral hygiene varied amongst humans. Powder solutions created from charcoal were mainstays as well as the utilization of bones. Fortunately, decades later, the modern form of toothpaste took off. This formula was potent made of ingredients able to clean teeth and handle other personal and household duties.
Uses for toothpaste (non-gel):
- Burn cooler. For skin burns without an open wound, apply toothpaste. Slather over the burn immediately to cool down. This also stops the progression toward blistering.
- Wall cleaner. Did your child leave his mark on your wall with a crayola? Erase these marks with the use of toothpaste. Place toothpaste on the abrasive part of a sponge. Then, go to work.
- Scuff remover. Sneakerheads use this DIY method to eradicate scuffs on their shoes. Wipe down your shoes with warm water and mild soap. Afterward, with a damp rag and toothpaste, polish over scuffs and white sole.
- Bug bite soother. Suffers of insect bites can obtain medicinal help with toothpaste. The ingredients in this product soothe itching and reduce swelling. Best use: apply dots over the affected area over night.
- Diamond polisher. Does your wedding ring look dull? Dab toothpaste over the diamond and rub with a toothbrush. Get rid of any residue with a soft rag. This process makes ‘your rock’ sparkle and shine.
- Fog inhibitor. Goggles fog up, a dangerous condition for swimmers and scuba divers. Prevent fogging by smearing a thin layer of toothpaste (a type that isn’t too abrasive) over the lenses and wiping it off. The viscosity of the toothpaste detracts water.
- Odor buster. Baby bottles emit a sour milk smell. Deodorize them by scrubbing the inside with toothpaste and rinse well. This method can also be used for other ‘stinky’ areas in the home such as the kitchen drain.
- Acne cure. Rid your face of acne by putting toothpaste over breakouts. Toothpaste dries out pimples. This cures is excellent for individuals with mild acne.
Learn something new? These uses for toothpaste can help you save money. Instead of buying twenty products to attack several jobs, you can cut this number in half. Spend the extra change on a new pair of shoes.
Tooth Paste World