Being happy isn’t always as easy as it sounds, especially when we find ourselves constantly being disappointed by others and being surrounded by the recent worlds tragedies through the news. This is a simple step by step guide to overcome everyday hassles and downers that come with ordinary life.
Step 1. Happiness is a CHOICE!
- I can’t stress this step enough, choosing to be happy is the absolute best thing you can do. Once you make the choice to be happy you will realize that most depression, anxiety and sadness is a result of other people and their problems, not so much your own issues. Why be unhappy because other peoples problems? Which leads us to the next step.
Step 2. Don’t wear other people’s problems on your shoulders.
- Letting other peoples problems get you down? STOP! Most of the stuff we worry about is uncontrollable we can’t change it no matter how much we worry, especially if its not even your problem. Stop letting other people bury you with their issues. It’s okay to be a good friend to someone and to listen to them but let them handle their own issues, give them advice and shake off the negativity.
Step 3. Realize you only live once.
- If you are busy being sad, depressed or just worrying all the time your not enjoying life. Get out there and live it! Go do things with yourself, friends and family. It’s okay to laugh, in fact the more you smile and laugh the better you will feel on the inside.
Step 4. Love what you do
- If you are stuck in a job you hate do something about it. A lot of people get depressed because of bad career decisions or a lack of a career. Yes you can’t just quit your job but you can take the steps to finding a better career whether its schooling or finding a new trade that your good at. Get out there and get it!
Step 5. Find Love.
- Being in love is one of the best things in the world, but when I say find love I don’t mean it has to be with another person. First and foremost learn to love yourself and once you do that if you want a relationship, it will happen. If your in a relationship that has been dragging you down, it’s time to re-evaluate the situation. Maybe they are in a funk and need to learn to love themselves again as well, help them improve themselves as you work on yourself and see how great things can be again.
The key to happiness is always within yourself… another person, a great career, being wealthy won’t make you a happy person, yes these things will make you have happy moments but realize happiness is a choice everyday that you wake up. So when you wake up each day, make a choice to be happy and do something good for yourself and it will have positive affects on others as well.