Reasons why women going out into the working world may be a contributing factor to women dying younger!
1. Women who have to go out into the work world have to compete with men and many end up working harder than men. This adds stress which is one of the known contributors to high cholesterol among other health problems.
2. Women have been told the lie that they can have it all end up doing more work and having less time to enjoy their family and life in general. Yes, a woman can have it all but at different times in their lives. Trying to juggle children, a career and a marriage is very hard work and can lead to much stress.
3. Women’s lib has left out so many important factors and one of the most important one is that a woman does not have to compete with her husband. Instead they should complement each other in the home. In fact the Bible tells us that women are to be treated with respect, cherished and cared for lovingly by their husbands. In Peter 3:7 it says! Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered. Weaker vessel here means delicate!!
4. Many times when a woman brings home the paycheck she loses her respect for her husband and starts acting less like a loving mate and more like a tyrant. This is how they may end up losing their femininity along with their marriage due to being so busy and over stressed.
5. Higher rate of divorce due to the fact that women know they can support themselves and don’t have to compromise or even try harder to keep their love alive. What they don’t know is that divorce for these reasons causes much more heartache in the long run.
6. Due to more stress more women are smoking and drinking than ever before which of course is another contributing factor to a shorter life.
7. The whole stigma that women’s lib has put on women for decade’s leaves us feeling that if we are not working outside the home that we have less value. If we chose to stay home and care for our own children we are made to think that we are somehow choosing an inferior vocation. Nothing can be further from the truth. There is no higher calling than that of raising our own children! Those few short years that momentarily may seem like a drudge will go by so fast that it will make your head spin. When the children are in school there is plenty time to get an education or go back to work. I think it is all about attitude. If we are made to think that choosing to stay home with our children is less important than bringing home a paycheck then we will end up feeling less fulfilled.
8. Going against our own principals for material gain. We are neglecting our own feelings and morals that we end up shoving deep down inside of us just to do what we feel is expected of us! Are women really free? I think that although women’s lib has helped abused women it has gone too far and is forcing many women down the wrong path to their own destruction. It negates all womanhood and tells us that we can be just like men!! This goes against our very souls and causes much depression which in turn can lead to drinking, drugs, smoking and over eating.
9. Due to more women working some men are getting the idea that they can just let the women take care of them. Therefore they end up with a Mommy figure! Been there and done that twice!! However, they usually end up seeking out a Mistress because it is hard for a man to feel romantic towards the Mommy figure!! Yes, this happened to me twice too!!
10. A woman’s work is truly never done! Even if you are married to the most understanding husband in this world there are some household chores that are hard to delegate. Many women end up doing more than they are mentally and physically able to do with less time to unwind which causes more stress!
Now don’t get me wrong!!
I don’t see any problem at all with a woman wanting to get out into the working world but accepting a mundane job that stifles her creativity can only lead to depression. Many of us have no choice but to accept any job we can to support our children. However, while we are working at that factory job or whatever, we still should consider getting a higher education or training so that we can use all our God given talents.
Can a woman really have it all and not lose their souls in the process?
Yes, I believe that a woman can have it all but not all at one time!!! If you are married to a man who loves you unconditionally then those years when the children are preschoolers can and should be the best years of your life.
Resources: Life’s experiences, observations and….