If you’re anything like me, just about the last thing you want to do is spend a ton of money on a store-bought Halloween costume that looks and feels cheap and is in no way going to be anything memorable. Slutty police lady costume that barely covers the cheeks and costs $40+? No, thank you. So, if you don’t want to take the trampy costume route and taken to the cleaners, check out the following easy-to-make costumes that won’t leave your pockets empty.
First off, the 2013 VMA’s provided an absolute bevy of opportunities for costumes .
Lady Gaga (I’d only recommend this if you’re feeling particularly bold)- Most items can be bought at Dollar Store –
- Nude color panties or bikini bottom ($5) Hot glue fake flowers to it ($5)
- Over sized sea shells ($2) – Glue over bra. Alternatively, use coconut bra if you have on
- eAdd cheap hair extensions and tease the heck out of it ($5)
- Cheap Halloween make up smeared on face. ($1)
Lady Gaga Part 2 (The two Lady Gaga looks can be combined for throughout the night!) –
- Black body suit ($15)
- Yellow Halloween wig ($5)
- Cheap Halloween Make up ($1)
Robin Thicke –
- Black suit from thrift store. ($15)
- Spray paint and duct tape ($5) – use tape to make lines on suit, spray white spray paint. Remove tape when dry
- Cheap, tacky gold necklace ($1)
- Hair gel ($2)
- Aviator Sunglasses ($5)
Miley Cyrus – Unitard and/or underwear outfit
For the unitard-
- get a cheap bathing suit from either consignment store or clearance racks.
- A sheet of grey flannel. Cut a length to fit the front panel of suit. Glue on
- Red felt, white felt pink felt- Cut and apply to suit to resemble mouse. Use black sharpie to draw in the rest.
For the underwear outfit
- Nude color boy shorts and and bralette from dollar store.
- Stupid hairstyle and red lipstick
- Foam finger
Rockford Peaches (actually doing this for my girls this year!) –
- Red Ribbon for hair and belt
- Old Navy khaki uniform jumper ($10)
- Peach colored shirt ($5)
- Red knee socks/red tights/Baby Legs ($3)
- Felt to make patches -look up patch emblem online and use red puff paint – attach to jumper ($5 total)
- Red hat if you want ($5)
Duck Dynasty Guys –
- Lots of Camouflage
- Super Soakers
- Fake Beard
- Blue cup or american flag headband
Oompa Loompa –
- White overalls
- Brown shirt
- Orange skin paint
- Hair gel
Couples or group costumes:
Wayne and Garth –
- Purchase outfits from thrift shop
- Get cheap fake wigs from Target or similar
- Varying types of red shirts and jeans and hats. Use tape and/or spray paint as needed.
Flo and Mayhem –
- White nurses uniform. Blue Sharpie with “Progressive” written on uniform. Red Lip stick and cat eye makeup.
- Cheap suit from thrift shop and rip it up. Bruise make-up.
- Blue jean overalls
- Yellow Shirt
- Yellow beanie cap
- Black felt and white to make goggle and eyes. Sharpie to draw in pupils.