Celebrity news is one of the most searched subjects on the Internet. (See WordPress) And why not? These famous people remind us of all the things we crave – entertainment, money and sex. They also mimic our loved ones. They imitate life making us feel at home.
Celebrities who remind us of our crazy relatives:
- Alec Baldwin a.k.a. Angry Uncle – He never fails to miss throwing fit at a family function, especially Thanksgiving. Your parents hate him and your grandmother always makes excuse for his behavior. Through his actions, he taught you the benefits of holding one’s peace and how to repair a wall after a hole has been punched through it.
- Paula Abdul a.k.a. Crazy Aunt – She is sweet as pie, but completely off her rocker. Your other aunties often theorize as to why. A few say she was never ‘right’ after battling a high fever as a young girl while others blame an ex-husband. All you know is that this woman’s speech is akin to babble and she is attracted to shiny things.
- Kim Kardashian a.k.a. Competitive Cousin – Her career in show biz began in pageantry. By age twelve, she was modeling locally and plotting her course toward becoming a star. This part doesn’t bother you. What you can’t stand is her constant need for attention and an obvious desire to one-up you in everything. Your cousin has to have the nicest wardrobe, biggest house and flashiest car. When she doesn’t, she becomes very critical of you and whatever you possess.
- Snoop Dogg a.k.a. Cool Dad – In private, he is great. Your home had very few rules and the ones you broke as a child didn’t merit hard punishments. But, in public, pops was always a problem. He was and still is the definition of inappropriate soliciting unwanted attention from others because of his youthful, colorful dress and throwback mentality. He doesn’t understand the meaning of boundaries, which is why he smoked pot with you and your friends when you were a teen. As you get older, you realize more and more that a lot of his behavior is irresponsible and just plain embarrassing.
- Joan Rivers a.k.a. Controlling Mom – You know she means well. Your mom wants the best for you, which is why this dame won’t butt out of your life. She refuses to let you take a step forward without her – from the way you raise your kids to earning money. Throughout the years, you have tried to shake her, but can’t take the badgering that follows. You now know you’re stuck with her until she dies, so you suffer mainly in silence doing little things to etch out personal space.
These celebrities who remind us of our crazy relatives are indicative of our culture. No one comes from a perfect home. We all have some form of family trouble that makes us laugh and cry at the same time.
- Celebrity Wig Lines
- Five Most Notorious Celebrities of 2012