Remember when celebrities had an air of mystery around them? You never knew they were an alcoholic or sex addict until after their death and even then you weren’t sure. Unfortunately, these days, some celebrities leave nothing to the imagination making you wish they’d quit sharing so much.
- Oprah. Oprah fans – don’t get angry with me. When this highly acclaimed talk show host began her legacy, hearing her confessions about weight, Stedman and family were groundbreaking. They helped draw in fans. These days, however, they’re getting old. For instance, her most recent discussion about having a nervous breakdown due to work pressures seemed unreal. (Read story.) After all, unlike millions of Americans, she can actually retire and very comfortably. My thoughts: Oprah was trying to connect with regular folk through her admission, but this is virtually impossible now that she’s a billionaire.
- Miley Cyrus. Billy Rae, come get your little girl. You have been in the music biz for a while and you know what happens to teens and twenty-somethings who get fame and money too fast. They starting wearing less and less, doing drugs and twerking. Well . . . maybe the last one just applies to your daughter. Regardless, Miley makes this list of celebrities who share too much because she’s doing just that to stay relevant. From exposing her drug use to baring her nude body in the video “Wrecking Ball”, this twenty-year-old isn’t holding anything back.
- Nicki Minaj. How many selfies can a woman take of her big floppy breasts or flip flop between being straight or gay? (See: NM Admits She Lied about Being Gay) Nicki Minaj is trying to set a record for both. Nothing’s wrong with artistic nudity and the general public is aware that some entertainers prefer the same sex. Yet, people in Nicki’s position usually give fans a break every so often from pr mayhem so they can focus on making a movie or hit record.
- Justin Bieber. Are you a Belieber? This young man’s pr agent needs to take control of any social media account he has. What was cute when he first got discovered at age 14 isn’t anymore now that he’s 19. This celebrity who shares too much is constantly getting criticized by media pundits because of photos he tweets, like the one of him being carried up the Great Wall of China. Some experiences are meant to be shared only with close friends and families or kept to one’s self if the power of the moment is lost through an insensitive act.
- Rihanna. This Barbados diva is another star obsessed with selfies. Unlike Nicki Minaj though, hers usually involve a bathroom or hotel bed. Her hard edge has always attracted young fans. Unfortunately, she seems to use this obvious platform to expose her naked body, new tattoos and sexual exploits. (See: Rihanna Tweets about Thailand Sex Show) Rihanna even missed her opportunity to really speak out against domestic violence because she kept reuniting with her abuser Chris Brown. It’s all too much!
In conclusion, the above five celebrities who share too much just need to relax. No one is going to forget about them if they don’t reveal something shocking for a few months. They’ve all been open about enough things to make them memorable for a long, long, long time.
Also see: Pleasure Files: 9 Things You’ll Never Regret