Glamour magazine, InStyle, and The Coco Magazine plus tons of on the street fashion bloggers all agree: big chunky, sparkly, colorful standout jewelry pieces are the accessory of the season. Whether you opt for a big knuckle ring, heavy layered chain necklaces, or a heavy bracelet, understated is out and overstated is in.
Here’s how to do it right:
A Signature Ring
No matter what your style, you can simply the chunky jewelry accessory trend by picking one signature chunky ring and wear it all season. Go flowery or fierce and highlight your wardrobe with any one of these versatile rings:
- Rhinestone Flower Spike Ring from Top Shop ($20) is girly and tough at the same time.
- Sleek, chic, and big, this Greg Anthony Mother of Pearl Oval Ring ($60) from Max & Chloe has just the right amount of sparkle.
- The bright purple rose encased in gold gilt in this Sterling Rose Ring ($10) from ModCloth could be the statement you’re looking for.
Layers of Chain Necklaces
Layered necklaces have been in for the last few seasons in various styles and shapes, but this season it’s all about the big chains. Mix and match with chains of all sizes, in the same gold or silver shade or mixed metals, and create your own unique style that suits your outfit and the occasion.
- Classy Textured Chain Necklace from Nasty Gal ($20) can be dressed up or down.
- Fun Gold and Black Chunky Chain from Top Shop ($55) is great for work or casual.
- Yellow beads brighten this Rock-sy Lady Yellow Statement Necklace ($18) from LuLu’s.
- Conservative and classy, the Kahlo Bib Necklace in Hematite ($228) from Stella & Dot is great for work or a nice night out.
Going bold and chunky is easy with the wide range of bracelets available this season. Opt for something lightweight and painted bright colors or go for something heavier and more sleek when you choose a silver or gold piece to accent even the most conservative work wear. Here are some top options:
- The Classic Looped Cuff at Forever 21 (only $7.80) is bold and gold.
- Part bracelet, part arm cuff, this Gold Serpent Cuff ($77) from Shop Bop is brass plated is sexy and chic.
- Simple, cool, and priced just right, the Charlotte Russe Spiked Metallic Cuff Bracelet ($5) is a great every day piece.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Get colorful
- Mix and match silver and gold in a single piece
- Grab the sparkly stuff
- Remember the occasion and pick something appropriate
- Forget to mix and match your expensive items with your costume pieces for the best effect
- Wear all your chunky pieces on the same outfit
- Get too “matchy matchy” and have your bracelet or ring perfectly match your shoes, bag, hair pieces, et cetera
- Forget to infuse your choices with your own personal style
Ready to mix and match chunky jewelry into your fashion this fall? Time to get shopping!