You’ve heard it before, couples that play together stay together. Dressing up for Halloween is a perfect opportunity for couples to engage in that important playtime together. If you think Halloween is just for kids, you have been missing out on all the fun! Don’t let anyone tell you different, this festive holiday is for children and adults alike.
The magic of Halloween is that it allows us to transform into a different person for one night, which can be a very exhilarating experience. Here are some clever Halloween costume ideas for couples. They are are easy and inexpensive to make yourself. Discover how fun it can be to play dress-up as an adult.
Creative Halloween Costume Ideas for Couples:
Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler from The Big Bang Theory:
This adorable TV couple is easy to imitate. A trip or two to the thrift store should be all it takes to pull off this humorous costume.
For Sheldon, you’ll need:
- A pair of Khaki pants
- A long sleeve shirt
- A funny/science-related T-shirt in a contrasting color of the long sleeve shirt. You can find T-shirts just like the ones Sheldon wears on the show on eBay.
To look like Amy, you will need:
- A pair of tights
- Some ugly black dress shoes
- A khaki skirt
- A flannel shirt
- A cardigan that doesn’t match the rest of the outfit
- A barrette to pin back your bangs to the side
- A thick pair of glasses should
- An ugly purse over your shoulders
Wonder Woman and Superman:
Super heroes make super costumes. Channel your inner super hero with this power pair!
For Wonder Woman, you will need:
- A Wonder Woman T-shirt or tank top
- Tiny blue shorts with white stars. Some people use tutus instead, which look amazing and are easy to make yourself.
- A pair red boots. Or, you can mimic the look of boots with leg warmers and shoes.
- Gold crown and cuffs, decorated with a single red star. Use felt with velcro or cardboard covered in fabric and carefully staple edges together.
- A red cape
To look like Superman, you will need:
- Some blue tights. Look for men’s running/performance footless tights. Or, you may be able to squeeze into the largest size of blue women’s leggings that you can find. If tights or leggings aren’t for you, a pair of blue athletic pants/sweatpants will suffice.
- A red pair of ‘briefs’ to wear over your ‘tights’
- A yellow belt.
- A blue Superman T-shirt
- A red cape
- A pair of red boots
Clark Kent & Lois Lane:
It wouldn’t be right to mention Superman an not Clark Kent. This costume is a little easier to create than Superman and Wonder Woman but just as memorable!
For Clark Kent, here’s what you’ll need:
- A Superman T-Shirt
- A crisp, white button-down shirt
- A tie
- Black trousers
- Thick glasses
To look like Lois Lane you will need:
- A business suit
- Thick glasses
- ID badge on lanyard
- A pair of pumps
- Notepad and pencil
Hunter and Deer:
This costume will surely generate some laughter. It looks best when the ‘deer’ is wearing real fur and antlers, or as close to the real thing as possible. Fur coats and vests can usually be found in thrift stores for reasonable prices.
To look like the hunter, you will need these items:
- Camouflaged clothing
- A blaze orange vest
- A blaze orange beanie
- A fake rifle or bow and arrow
For the deer, you’ll need:
- A brown dress, leotard, or Yoga pants
- A brown top with a white oval in the center
- Deer makeup – Choose from many ‘deer makeup tutorials’ on YouTube for help
- Brown fur or fleece vest
Johnny & Baby from Dirty Dancing:
There are many costume options for this twosome. The easiest choice is from the infamous ‘Loverboy’ scene.
For Johnny you will need:
- A black tank top
- Black trousers
- Black dress shoes
- Slicked back hair
- A little bit of Johnny swagger
To look like Baby, you’ll need:
- High-waisted denim shorts, rolled up just above the knee
- White button down shirt tied above your waist
- White canvas shoes
- Shoulder-length brown, wavy hair
If you don’t find these ideas out there or funny enough, try switching up the traditional roles. For instance, instead of the woman being Baby from Dirty Dancing, throw a wig on your man, put him in a pair of denim Daisy Dukes, and tie a white button-down shirt over him!
Whatever costume you choose, you are sure to have a fun time dressing up with your partner. You won’t be sorry. You might even make it a tradition!
Related articles by Sandra:
- 14 Easy and Inexpensive Halloween Costume Ideas for Couples
- Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas: Don’t Miss Out on the Fun!
- Awesome Alternatives to Halloween Candy