Ask any Dallas Cowboys fan what he wants most for a Christmas season this year, and the answer will be a long post season. Since you can’t order that gift wrapped, here’s a top ten list of items you can put under the tree.
10. Toaster: Down three positions from the previous year, the toaster which imparts a star for an NFL breakfast barely makes this year’s list. It’s a hot seller, but not a new item.
9. Golf Gear: Shopping for a fan of both golf and NFL? Golf gear with a star logo makes an easy pick. However, this year keep it subtle. Golf balls or a towel fits the bill for 2013, instead of golf bags and matching club sets.
8. Phone Case: Phone cases appeal to the female Cowboys fans more than fitted women’s jerseys in 2013. They appeal to both men and women equally, more than other gifts. (And, guys, please keep in mind that many ladies would rather have a phone case than a toaster.)
7. Salute to Service Gear: New to the Pro Shops this year is a tribute to military service. These brown camo accented gifts are great for both veterans and their fans.
6. Jerseys: That these favorites make the list is no surprise. But whose jersey is hot this year? Dez Bryant, Sean Lee and Tony Romo are the top three, but expect better availability for Romo.
5. Camo: Similar to Salute to Service line, Camo is hot in blue. The wider range of items appeals to a wider range of people.
4. Bikinis and Swimwear: Don’t want to go all out for a cheerleader uniform but still want a revealing gift? Show your love for the NFL with a gift fit for the Pro Bowl.
3. Hoodie: Dallas weather doesn’t require the parkas that Packers fans need. A hoodie shows you belong in the North Texas weather.
2. Individual Football Cards: For the local Dallas fans, Nick’s Sports Cards and Memorabilia is the place to find treasures. If you know nothing about sports, Nick himself guides you to just the right gift, at the right price. Not only will the gift delight, but knowing that you were smart enough to consult them will impress your sports fan.
1. Signed Football: Sorry, no link on this hot item. All of the experts I consulted mentioned this present. Depending on who signed it and the condition determines the price and availability.
Of course, tickets to postseason games make the ultimate gift for the NFL fan, but you can’t shop ahead for those. There’s always next season’s tickets – which in recent years has been a safer bet for the Dallas Cowboy fan, anyway.