Did you watch the VH1 biopic “CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story”? If so, you are among the 4.5 million people who tuned in and witnessed the alleged thievery perpetrated by their ex manager Perri “Pebbles” Sharrieff. In the movie, she was portrayed as a manipulative, money-grubbing shrew making viewers like myself more curious about her.
8 Facts about Perri “Pebbles” Sharrieff:
- Pebbles was born on August 29, 1964. Some references indicate she hails from San Francisco, others Oakland. If it’s the latter, her city is known for crime. Chances of a resident becoming a victim is 1 out of 59. (See stat.)
- Prior to fame and fortune, she was allegedly a big time prostitute (per tattletailzz.com). An older boyfriend allegedly turned her out to the streets.
- She has two children. A son named Aaron Reid who was featured on “My Super Sweet 16” and a daughter named Ashley Victoria Winzer. Both are in the music business and helped create song/music video Crazy Luv. She allegedly has a third child as well named Tian, but allegedly does not claim him.
- According to Celebrity Net Worth, Pebbles is worth $25 million. She earned her money from being a pop star, writer and producer. She wrote and produced songs for other music artists through Pebbitone. Pebbitone is located in Atlanta, GA.
- She has been married four times. Her husbands, first to last – George Smith, Antonio M. Reid, Otis Nixon and Excel Sharrieff. She walked down the aisle with Excel on August 25, 2012. They are still together. He is an entertainment lawyer and TV/short film producer. Check out his IMDb page.
- Pebbles turned her life over to Christ in the late 90s. Afterward, she walked away from secular music and began to focus on women’s ministry. She founded a group called Women of God Changing Lives through Christ (WOGCL). Read her bio/testimony.
- In 2011, she joined forces with Essence Magazine to find the “Next R&B Star”. During her launch party for this project, she reunited with Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas from TLC. Their hugged and danced together. (See photo ops.)
- Pebbles has never confessed to ‘ripping’ TLC off. As a matter of fact, she has often denied these allegations and defended herself. Gossip sites such as Tattletailzz still report she took advantage of this girl group. Why? She was upset over an alleged affair between her then husband L.A. Reid and Chilli.
Shocked? The above 8 facts about Perri “Pebbles” Sharrieff indicate she had a tough life, one filled with great highs and low lows. Hopefully, before she dies, she will write a tell-all book or at least get on a Christian show and give a true-Hollywood type testimony so everyone can understand her better. Coming out of the shadows at this point with her personal story would be a great response to the TLC biopic. Don’t you think?
Diary of a Hollywood Street King