Looking for a way to get your children excited for your next Walt Disney World vacation, or just a family that loves Disney? Why not host a Finding Nemo Party for your friends or just for your little family! This party is something that both parents and children can enjoy and is something that can fit into anyone’s budget!
Finding Nemo Party Menu
- Fish sticks
- Mac & cheese, sprinkle top with Goldfish crackers (looks like Nemo in anemone!)
- Crush’s chocolate wave cake (Coral Reef)
Finding Nemo Party Activities
- Paper plate Dory (cut a triangle out of the plate for Dory’s mouth. Paint or color the plate blue. Cut out 2 triangles, one small and one large, paint or color yellow. Use the small triangle for Dory’s fin, and the large for Dory’s tail.
- Turn your family room into an ocean of jellyfish! Buy a bunch of pink helium filled balloons. About 2/3 down the balloons, tape lengths of pink crepe paper to create jellyfish and let them float in the room!
Crush’s Chocolate Wave Cake – Coral Reef Recipe
3/4 cup butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 egg yolks
1 1/2 teaspoons Grand Marnier
For the white-chocolate truffle:
6 ounces white chocolate
3 tablespoons heavy cream
3 tablespoons softened butter
2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
Directions for Coral Reef Chocolate Wave Cake
- Melt butter in a double boiler over medium-low heat.
- Add chocolate chips, heating until mixture is melted.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chocolate mixture to sugar mixture and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine four eggs, four yolks, and Grand Marnier. Add this to the chocolate mixture and beat until well mixed. Cover and chill overnight.
- Melt the white chocolate and heavy cream in a double boiler over low heat. Add butter and Grand Marnier and stir until smooth. Chill overnight.
- Butter and flour six 5-ounce ramekins. Fill 1/3 of each with the chilled chocolate mixture.
- Add a rounded tablespoon of the truffle mixture. Fill to the top with the chocolate mixture.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Let the cakes sit for 1520 minutes before inverting. Run a knife around the edges to loosen. Serve with chocolate sauce, raspberries, and/or ice cream if desired.
Makes 6 servings
Looking at book a Walt Disney World Vacation? Be sure to visit Magical Dream Tours or call 1-800-272-7739 ext 702. and receive a free no-obligation quote from our Disney Experts!