Don’t get me wrong I know how it is to have long, short, and medium hair styles. DRY hair is the worse! On “average” your hair grows ½ and inch, but wouldn’t you like to make it grow faster? No I’m not selling a product; I’m offering tips on hair, especially for those “chicken-headed” types. Weaves, extensions, and pills are NOT needed you’re only making your hair WORSE:
If your hair is dry, without moisture or natural hair oils producing then continue on:
- · Rub Any SKIN lotion that you use onto your scalp! (dry hair = dry scalp)
- · Stay away from scented lotions unless you don’t mind your hair smelling like the lotion. (I use strawberry lotion; it gets me lots of compliments! I’m a sucker for compliments)
- · Best time to attempt this would be after you’ve washed your hair (let it air dry).
- o Go for about 2 weeks trying this.
- o DON’T use any type of hair curler (that involves heat, try curlers that you leave in your hair) or flat iron, or blow dryer.
- o DON’T use any hair creams either, so that way you can notice results.
- · Try to comb out tangles when your hair is dry.
- · When you wash your hair, scrub your scalp.
Main thing is to get that natural healthy hair back without cutting it all off. Many people think that it doesn’t work but it DOES. I get a bob hair cut done every spring and by December people ask me if I have extensions or if my hair naturally grows fast.
How the results work:
Start off with the routine, just scrub your scalp and wash your hair every other day or less than that.
(Your hair needs to get used to producing oils again.)
Trim it! Trim those ends! As well as starting to add ONLY lotion, continue week 1’s washing as well.
(Best lotions: anything by Aveeno & Olay is what I use. Try something that doesn’t make your skin feel dry or itchy because you scalp will NOT improve. Leave-in conditioner is nice as well but I prefer lotion on the scalp.)
Your hair might or might not grow depends on with you’re willing to give up (extensions, flat irons, creams, and whatever else you use on a daily basis, even washing less) one thing for-sure is your dry hair will go away. Continue on with the steps your hair will grow slowly just as your dry hair will decline rapidly. This is for dry hair but it can work on lots of other hair types, if you have oily hair try it! Just wash your hair a little bit more. I KNOW this works and I hope you enjoy the results!