“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” – Benjamin Franklin.
For those that travel frequently, such as myself, the last thing that you want is to look like a lost ignorant tourist overseas. It’s already quite an adjustment to get accustomed to different cultures, yet alone comprehending foreign languages and communicating with locals.
Fortunately, there’s help. With the Franklin 14-Language Global Translator w/ Visual Dictionary, travelers could rest assured that they have everything they need abroad. Not only does this handy gadget include a dictionary and a global search feature to find all applicable translations simultaneously but also a handy guide with helpful tips on hotels, restaurants, attractions, etc.
Unlike other translators, the Franklin also has a large 2.8″ full-color screen with touch-sensitive navigation / scrolling options. Here are some other features included with this nifty device.
Translate to and from 14 languages: Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Turkish.
- Over 2.5 million entries and thousands of travel and everyday phrases translated across 14 languages.
- 18,000 item visual dictionary with translations into English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
- Hear the pronunciation in any language as needed with the press of a button.
- Port for Headphones (sold separately) so you can listen to your device in private and without disturbing those nearby.
- Global search to find matching entries from all databases at once.
- Travel guide with notable sights, hotels, and other information for 10 global cities with translations (excluding Arabic and Turkish).
- Native character and Romanized spellings for Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Russian.
- Organizer capabilities to store up to 100 names, addresses and phone numbers.
- Currency and metric converters and a calculator are programmed on the device.
- Includes local and world clocks.
- Auto-shut off to extend the life of your batteries.
With all the features and benefits in mind, you don’t need to lug a variety of other devices / apps with you when traveling. Besides money, all you really need is the Franklin and you can travel with confidence and success.
Remember, Benjamin Franklin wisely stated that “by failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” So be prepared for any trip and put this Franklin in your pocket today!