I have learned many lessons from books. Also, I have watched many television programs. However, until now, I didn’t realize that I leaned anything from watching television as an adult. But, I did learn some important life lessons from watching my favorite television show, “The Big Bang Theory.” Here are those 5 important lessons:
The Five Life Lessons I Learned from “The Big Bang Theory.”
1. Science is cool. I have learned many scientific principles because of this show. I re-learned the Doppler Effect due to Sheldon’s Halloween costume. In addition, I had no idea about Schrodinger Cat until “The Big Bang Theory.” Moreover, I know more elements on the Periodic Table of the Elements because of Sheldon and company. I have always liked science; but because because of this show, I have read more science books. Recently, I read The Disappearing Spoon, Frankenstein’s Cat, and How to Teach Physics to Your Dog.
2. Smart is sexy. I learned from this show that brains are more important than brawn. All of the guys are exceptionally smart and they attracted sweet and smart girlfriends. I leared that I don’t have to dumb myself down to attract a boyfriend. Due to “The Big Bang Theory.”, I don’t brag about my intelligence; but, I don’t hide it either. Before this show, I hid my intelligence from almost everyone.
3. It’s okay to be yourself. I have my favorite characters on the show. However, each character on “the Big Bang Theory” is loveable because they are themselves. In short, they aren’t trying to be someone else. I often try pleasing others by being around large crowds for parties or pretending that I don’t have a photographic memory because people have made fun of me because of it. I leaned from this show that it is okay to be me and act smart. I am in a bookclub, play Maj Jongg, and want to learn to play chess. Also, I surround myself with smaller groups of friends.
4. Everyone is a underdog. It seems as though every character on “The Big Bang Theory is an underdog, of sorts. This television show taught me that everyone is an underdog at some point in their lives. Also, that it is okay to be one. This is because people root for underdogs. I always feel like an underdog. Therefore, because of this show, I don’t feel so much like an outsider.
5. Friends can come from anywhere. It is no surprise that Howard and Raj are friends. In addition, it is no surprise that Sheldon and Leonard are friends. However, it is a bit shocking, in a good way, that Sheldon and Penny have formed a real friendship. I learned from this show that friendships can come from anywhere. In my own life, I never expected to become friends with a physicist because he and I don’t work in the same field. However, we meet at book club. Now, we are good friends.
Television is entertaining. However, it also teaches viewers important lesssons that they apply in their lives. I have learned five important life lessons from my favorite television show, “The Big Bang Theory.” These lesons involve friends, underdogs, being smart, being yourself, and,science. Bazinga!