Worst ever celebrity trends? This statement sounds like a misnomer. For decades, fans have modeled their behavior after a favorite actor or actress. It was ‘the cool thing’ to do. But – these days – several patterns have emerged within the Hollywood crowd, ones that are awful.
Five worst ever celebrity trends:
- Tax Evasion. The average Joe doesn’t enjoy paying taxes because he’s living pay-check to pay-check. Yet – for some reason – celebrities who have million of dollars in the bank feel the same way. They refuse to pay Uncle Sam until he comes knocking at their door with a warrant for arrest. Surprisingly, in the millennium, judges are getting tougher and sending these high profile individuals to jail. Who is the latest casualty? They are the makers of designer clothing – Dolce and Gabbana. (Must-see: Dolce and Gabbana Convicted of Tax Evasion)
- Drunk Driving. Remember when pr reps kept the public from discovering a celebrity were an alcoholic? Only in his or her memoir – decades later – did this bit of news get released in order to sell the book. Unfortunately, now, getting arrested for drunk driving amongst celebrities is a right of passage. (Must-see: Celebrities Arrested for DUI) They seem to have forgotten how groups such as MAAD have battled for years to keep the roads safe from individuals who get behind the wheel drunk and kill innocent parties. (List of Celebrities with DUI Arrests)
- Reality TV Shows. Old Hollywood sold the public a fantasy. Actors and actresses were given a persona – one that usually told a story that most people wanted to hear. This was also true about the music business. Currently – this is passé. Reality TV series featuring celebrities airing their dirty laundry show that they have a myriad of issues. For some, it has overshadowed the talent that brought them into the limelight in the first place. The short list: Flav of Flav, Hulk Hogan, Anna Nicole and Bobby Brown. (Directory of Celebrity Reality TV Shows)
- Political Endorsements. Decades ago, an entertainer would never dream of discussing politics. If this strange event occurred, he or she would be blackballed or ridiculed. Unfortunately, this has changed. Celebrities like Dennis Rodman are speaking their mind showing the American public that there’s not much going on up there. Some arenas of life are best left to individuals who spent decades going to school not dribbling a ball and worrying about what dress to wear on the red carpet.(Funny Read: Rodman Bromances Kim Jung-un)
- Sex Tapes. Pamela Anderson got the ball rolling, but Paris Hilton picked it up and made a slam-dunk. The release of “1 Night in Paris” showing her having sex with her boyfriend skyrocketed her career. Ever since, fledging Hollywood wannabees that wanted a career boost have followed in her footsteps. Ex-BFF Kim Kardashian released hers and has been milking the rewards ever since. (Check out – 10 Most Shocking Celebrity Sex Tape Scandals)
These worst ever celebrity trends are changing the nature of Hollywood – or maybe just exposed more of it to the public. Hopefully, the future holds a change – a backlash to all of these crazy antics.
- Dumpster Diving 101
- 7 Bizarre Holidays in July
- Celebrities Accused of Being the Opposite Sex