A visit to your doctor can be costly especially if you are not covered under a health plan. What makes this more annoying is the fact that you could have obtained free medical advice online within the comforts of your home. Yes, you can have a free family doctor online and this means you can have medical professionals answer your questions without a fee. All you need is your computer and Internet connection.
Medical Diagnosis Online
Most of the time, symptoms and illnesses are pretty simple. So, being aware about the medical condition that you have helps you come up with an informed decision whether or not you should go to the doctor or just handle it yourself.
Essentially, medical advice is a thing that you wish to obtain from a credible source. Although the Internet is not thought as a good source for health information, there are really trustworthy sites that are run by medical professionals that give out medical advice for free. So, if you are quite hesitant to go to your doctor, you may want to consult your free family doctor online first and learn about your condition.
How to Choose?
Information that can be found online can be overpowering most especially if it concerns your health. In such matters, it is best to ensure that what you are getting is accurate information. So, here are some of the things you should consider when picking a free medical advice site:
· Find out who owns and sponsors the website – There are sites that are too commercial. So, it is best to check out the “About Us” portion of the site to get more info.
· Credentials of medical authors – See if the site is scientifically backed up. Check out of it promotes miracle cures which can be a sign of fraud.
· Timeliness – This is vital if you are looking for an advice, treatment option or technology. See, if the answers and posted information are up to date or whether revisions have been on place.
· Accreditation – Make sure that the medical doctor website you are dealing with is accredited by the health authorities.
The Best Options
There are countless sites that offer free medical advice. To make your search shorter, take a look on these three:
· Ask Medical Doctor – This is one simple website that have answered thousands of medical questions successfully. It is very easy to use and offer links to different categories as well as physician’s profile along with the latest questions answered. The site can provide answers to various medical conditions from autism, infections and cancer. Just enter your query and the response will be available in less than 24 hours.
· Med Help – It is like a social network with millions of visitors each month. Registration is required to join the medical community. The good thing about this site is that it is not only the experts that give answers, but the entire community as well.
· MD Advice – This is a great site to get answers for your medical questions. Just log in and ask the medical expert by typing in your query to the virtual form. The site also offers a huge library of questions that have been answered previously similar to the above sites. It also contains tons of articles about various health topics and websites.