No problem comes without a lesson or two; this truth applies to all human beings. For this reason, fans of the Real Housewives of New Jersey (RHONJ) can glean a lot from the current drama surrounding stars Joe and Teresa Giudice.
This couple’s 39-count indictment on federal charges for bank and bankruptcy fraud serves as a beacon for anyone struggling in the area of money. They are an example of what NOT to do and how chasing after the American dream should be done with restraint.
What fans can learn from the Giudice’s mistakes:
- Live frugally. Big houses. Fancy cars. Designer clothes. None of these things matter in the grand scheme of life. The satisfaction of flaunting a new ‘whatever’ in front of friends and family is only temporal.
- Downsize, if necessary. A criticism made by other RHONJ cast members is how Joe and Teresa kept spending money even AFTER their financial woes became public. Bankruptcy didn’t slow them down. Their spending habits continued to be excessive although downsizing was in order.
- Never lie to Uncle Sam. This guy doesn’t play, especially with high profile people. He’s been focused lately on the Hollywood community. Think Wesley Snipes and Lauryn Hill! Surely, neither of them REALLY thought they’d go to jail for tax evasion. Their failed cases indicate that Joe and Teresa may be going away for a long, long time.
- Be good to family. These individuals (usually) have your back. Fortunately, Teresa has kept close relations with her parents, but both are elderly. Can her aging mother and sickly father truly take good care of her rowdy daughters? Hopefully, the current season of RHONJ ends with Teresa being on better terms with brother Joe. He’s still young enough to handle a few more children in his nest.
- Get help early. Before their bankruptcy, Joe and Teresa Giudice saw the writing on the wall. Their finances were a mess. But, instead of seeking assistance EARLY, they waited too late. This miscalculated judgment is common amongst people with big egos. They think they can work out issues on their own and wait until a miniscule problem turns into a mountain.
In conclusion, the above are five things fans of RHONJ can learn from Joe and Teresa Giudice’s current failings. Hopefully, they will rebound from this situation and use it to assist other couples facing similar challenges.
Facts about Teresa Giudice