My twin godchildren are six this year and looking forward to Halloween. They adore trick-or-treating each year and I am more than happy to take them to every single Halloween party or Fall Festival that I can find in the Greenville, SC area. I am blessed to have them and their older sister as part of our extended family. As I was thinking about what we will dress up for on Halloween this year, I was reminded of all the years past and the great costumes we have found for twins. Coming up with unique Halloween costumes for twins has turned into a family affair each year. We do not just want costumes that go together (i.e. cowboy and Indian, a couple of pirates, a doctor and lawyer, fireman and policeman, etc.) – – we wanted costume ideas that were more inspired. I will admit that some Halloween costumes have been better than others have but they have all been fun for the twins to wear.
In keeping with the Halloween tradition we created six years ago, this year we are dressing the twins up as Thing 1 and Thing 2 from the “The Cat in the Hat.” Their older sister is joining in this year, as she has during past Halloweens, by dressing up as the Cat. If you are searching for some great Halloween costume ideas for your twins, or any young children, below are a few we have tried and some we intend to do for future Halloweens.
Halloween costumes ideas for twins
- · Thing 1 and Thing 2 – This is a great way to celebrate twins at Halloween. The costumes are easy to make or readily available online. An older sibling can dress up as the Cat.
- · Bert & Ernie – You can pick these up at Halloween costume stores or online. eBay is a great place to check for Halloween costumes.
- · Batman & Robin – No one can argue that the dynamic duo is a great way for twins to celebrate Halloween!
- · Buzz & Woody – Not only are your twins family they are probably best friends forever too.
- · Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus – Think back a few years for this one rather than the current “costume” Miley usually wears!
- · Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse – This is a classic! The twins were three the year they dressed up as the beloved Disney characters and it was too precious for words.
- · Lilo & Stitch – This is another one of my favorite ideas for Disney-inspired twin Halloween costume ideas.
- · Ketchup & mustard – This one is fun no matter what age you are.
- · Green eggs & ham – Even Sam-I-Am would not be able to resist twins dressed up like this.
- · Monkeys – The see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil monkeys are perfect if you have an older sibling as we do!
- · Milk & cookies – We did this when they were two and it turned out to be one of the best costume ideas we tried.
- · Salt & pepper – Easy for toddlers – iron on an “S” and a “P” to the front of a white and brown onesie or other shirt and add a poufy chef’s hat.
I hope that our ideas have given you some inspiration. We would love to hear your ideas too as we are always thinking of next Halloween’s costume idea!