Women usually have no trouble figuring out their husbands or boyfriends are cheating. Sometimes we want to pretend nothing is happening or it’s all our imaginations. Sometimes we may see odd behavior as a “phase” our spouse is going through. Other times we just know without a shadow of a doubt that our man is hiding something serious.
If you suspect your man is cheating it is best NOT to fly off the handle right away and accuse him. You must first try and figure out why you are worried in the first place. You may want to evaluate the situation and rule out him being tired, working overtime or just wanting to spend some time out with the boys. Or you might have been fighting over money or kids or other things a lot lately. Obsessive worries or arguing could cause your husband to pull away a bit.
However, if your husband is just behaving like someone you don’t recognize, then there is cause for concern. Here are 10 signs he is may be cheating.
- 1) Your husband suddenly wants a lot more privacy than just hanging out with the boys. He may be taking a lot of ‘private phone calls.”
2) He immediately deletes the text history on his phone, or spends an unusual amount of time making sure his phone is “clean.”
3) He has several or at least two social media accounts, like Facebook and twitter and spending an usual amount of time on the computer while his favorite ball game is on.
4) Is he smelling extra nice or dressing better than usual just to go bowling with the company team?
5) Your husband is starting to treat you like a buddy or roommate or sees your relationship as a chore instead of a loving bond.
6) He picks a fight with you then storms out of the house and stays gone for hours.
7) He avoids family or other events. If he is unfaithful he won’t want to spend a lot of time with family. It’s all part of hiding the affair.
8) He won’t touch you or avoids having sex with you. Sometimes this is exhaustion, but if your husband was a sexual Olympian and now he rolls over to sleep, it could be a sign.
9) He is excited, happy, jolly and just seems to be having the time of his life. While you are wondering what happened to your him. Is he on drugs? NO? then he may be cheating. OR changed his diet.
10) He no longer wants to hang out with you. As a couple you may have had a lot of together time but lately you may notice that he just wants some “me” time away from you and the family.
After looking at all the evidence, and watching his patterns you may want to evaluate next steps. The best thing to do is sit him down, tell him you suspect he is cheating and review his behaviors. It could be it’s all in your head and your husband is suffering some sort of mental breakdown or exhaustion or something else that makes him act detached from you. If all your friends and family know that he’s okay and that he is not behaving in any way that is unusual then give him the benefit of the doubt. But by all means talk. Let him know about your suspicions, without yelling and screaming of course. Together you can work on the problem and maybe bring your relationship back into alignment.