Decorating a house is one of the toughest things that one experiences. Though one can mentally make thousands of pictures in the mind for decorating each and every corner of the home, but when it comes to implementation then nothing seems to work. A house cannot be called a home till it has your own personal touch to it. Investing in a house is one of the toughest decisions taken by an individual or even a family for that matter. But what’s the use of housewarming if it hasn’t been decorated by the owner of the house!
Five easy ways that come handy and are easy are listed below.
- Decide a theme: People can decide a theme for decorating their house before they start the interior decoration. One thing that must be kept in mind is that the whole interior should be planned well in advance before implementing it because it is not something that has room for trial and error. A garden theme, or a retro theme or even a village theme is some popular styles that I have come across.
- Decide on the décor: One of my relatives had put a carpet in their main hall horizontally on the wall and it was giving the room a complete look! On being asked about this unusual decor they explained that they wanted to add their own touch to their home and the carpet seemed perfect! It’s just one of the many unusual ideas that can be tried! Innovation has no bounds and one can chose from umpteen decor items or can invent some new to give their home a lovely touch
- Curtain and lamps are lovely addition: A lamp shade in the corner is a usual sight but the lamp shade made from handmade or hand printed fabric gives it a unique touch, is inexpensive and turns out to be a fine addition to the interiors of the home. Also changing the color of curtains to suit the season is a good idea. Light shades do wonders in summers whereas dark shades are more suitable for winter season.
- Make room for garden: A garden area is the first thing that welcomes the visitors. Garden can be lined with pebbles and stones to give it a finishing touch and make it more beautiful and welcoming. Panels of curved stones in garden area around flowers and trees can make a beautiful sight. If you don’t have a garden then you can go with easy to care flowers and plants. They are available in various shades and available for all seasons; just hit the garden store and you are all set!
- Mirror Mirror on the wall: Another thing that can be used to decorate is mirrors. They make for an elegant and attractive interior decor item. Mirrors in various shapes and sizes can be grouped together on a corner or a particular wall to give it that special feel and effect. Walls painted with a single color can be embedded with mirrors of different shape and size to give it a ethnic look. You can play with different colors for different walls and even go for elegant designs for walls.
Besides the above ideas, painting can also add to the beauty of the room when hung on a plane background. Wooden paintings are a hot trend and they look elegant and complete the look of the room by their mere presence. Though they are a bit expensive but one can always opt for other less expensive yet equally pleasing alternatives.