As many of my regular readers know, quitting smoking has been a life long struggle for me. Last year, on my thirtieth birthday, I was able to quit smoking cigarettes for just over two months. Then, I went out for drinks with some friends, decided to have “just one” cigarette…and the very next day I was back to smoking my usual two-pack-per-day tobacco habit. This failed quit attempt definitely left me discouraged but I knew I had to try again.
So, a few months ago I mustered up the strength to give smoking cessation another try. I knew the toughest time would be when I was drinking alcohol, something I have no intention of cutting out of my life completely. Because of my past experiences, I decided I needed extra support for those really intense cravings that I hadn’t been able to successfully fight. On the advice of some former-smoker friends, I decided to give NJOY eCigarettes a try.
For those not familiar, an eCigarette (or ecig) is an electronic vaporizer which looks, feels, and functions almost like a traditional tobacco cigarette. You puff on an ecig just like a smoker puffs on a cigarette–but instead of getting smoke with toxic tars & chemicals, ecig users simply inhale a harmless vapor which may or may not contain nicotine. I considered myself a highly dependent smoker, so the fact that NJOY ecigs look and feel so much like the real thing definitely was very appealing to me.
Armed with my NJOY menthol bold as a “backup”, I quit smoking months ago and I haven’t looked back. I have been able to eliminate about 90% of the times when I would have smoked just using logic and positive self-talk. I would say the other 10% of the time I have very strong cravings that I have tried just to battle in the past–unsuccessfully. Now, when a strong craving hits, I just take a couple of puffs of my NJOY. This mimics smoking enough that it immediately relieves my craving and puts me back in control. I don’t use my HJOY anywhere near as much as I used cigarettes when I had them. But when I do need it, NJOY has helped to reduce my cravings down to a manageable level in a way that no other product has been able to.
Because of NJOY electronic cigarettes, I can honestly say that, for the first time in my life, I am confident I will never smoke again. That is HUGE, because I’ve never been able to say that before. Having a “good enough” cigarette substitute on hand has made all the difference in the world for me. It is important to note that the FDA has not approved any ecig as a “quit smoking device”, so do your own research. But for me, and many other smokers, NJOY electronic cigarettes have been a way out of an addiction that we thought we would struggle with For the rest of our lives.