You have an event you need to go to and you want to look your best. From your hair to your nails, you want it all perfect. The hair is easy to do because you tend to do it everyday. The nail polish, however, is another thing. It gets a bit tricky. In order to have attractive nails, you need to know how to apply nail polish evenly.
- With each manicure procedure you plan to do, you need to get a cotton ball dipped in acetone or nail polish remover. Remove the old paint going over the entire nail. You can also put a bit of cotton on a cuticle pusher to clean the sides.
- Apply a base coat. This will ensure that the nail polish color you have chosen will be easily applied. The brush should go smoothly over your nail to make a clean application.
- Try this trick used by professionals, Put the nail polish in between your palms then roll forward and back. Shaking nail polish is not recommended because doing so will have you applying polish with bubbles all over.
- Unscrew the nail polish. Before pulling out the brush completely, wipe it on the side of the bottle opening to get rid of any dripping from the paint. Just do it in a way that it will still leave enough moisture and paint on the brush.
- Make sure that your hand will be on a flat surface so that you can apply the polish evenly.
- Painting on the pinky is recommended then going one by one to the other fingers. When transferring the polish make sure you will not accidentally drop polish on the other nails.
- Start painting your nail by brushing from the nail bed towards the top. The middle part of the nail is important because it will be more noticeable when looked at by another person.
- Once you are done with the middle part, start swiping on the sides till it all balances out.
- Apply in long slow strokes, spend a good time on your nails because once you do, it will make your nails look beautifully painted.
- Do two coats instead of one. Apply thinly because it will look more professionally done. Then apply thinly once more. This will avoid the inexperienced application look that comes with not doing the right steps.
- Let your nail polish dry for about twenty minutes. Do not start using your hands with anything just yet or you will end up with time wasted.
- Clean the areas where nail polish should not be on by using a piece of cotton wrapped around a cuticle pusher or a Q tip. Wipe carefully on the sides of your nails.
- Once you have waited for some time, apply top coat on your nails. This will avoid quick breakage and it will protect your polish from early damage.
- Let it dry again for a few minutes and check all the nails if done correctly.
Applying nail polish evenly can be easy if you follow the steps given above and focus on the task. Practice makes perfect as they say. Once you do this a few times you can apply nail polish evenly without any difficulty.