After owning a cosmetic business and being in direct sales for 5 years, I’ve seen firsthand that gaining a customer’s loyalty and trust can be a difficult task. But having your customers trust is worth it. When your customers can trust you, they will feel comfortable doing business with you as much as needed. This, of course, is good news for your company.
Down below I have outlined 5 simple things that you can do to help gain your customer’s trust. Let’s get started…
1. Volunteer your assistance. When customers come into your store, always ask them if they need assistance. Or you can simply tell them that if they need help, you’re available. This makes them feel comfortable coming to you during that encounter and any future encounters.
2. Encourage them to ask questions. If you are a service provider, give your customers in depth information about the services they are interested in, but always say, “Do you have any more questions?” or “Is there anything else?” Let them gather all the information they need before they decide if they want your services. It is best that all their questions are answered early on.
3. Consult with other employees. If your customers need to know something or need assistance, and you can’t help them or don’t know the answers, simply say, “Let me go check” and get another employee to help out. It’s better to do this so that you won’t look useless in front of your customer. I worked as a sales associate several times and it can be embarrassing when you can’t help a customer. Always find a way to help them, even if you can’t do it yourself.
4. Soft sell. Never push a product/service on a customer. But do speak well of the product/service in order to sell it. Again, answer all their questions upfront so you won’t appear to be hiding something or withholding information. You have to appear honest to customers in order to gain their trust.
5. Problem solve. When a customer has a problem with a product/service that you sold them, you have to be just as willing to solve the problem as you were to sell the item to them.
These are just a few things that can gain your customers trust. But the most important thing is that you be honest with them and show them an honest interest in serving their needs. Once you do this, you pretty much have them wrapped around your finger. Good luck.
For more resources, read Why Should Your Customers Trust You? | Entrepreneur.com and Show Customers Why They Should Trust You | Entrepreneur.com .