I am a girl – a lipstick wearing, Lifetime movie watching, gossiping (YES!), shoe-shopping female. I am the type who does not naturally take to sports. Yet, the men in my life taught me to appreciate this genre cutting down arguments and petty grievances. You can do the same for your special lady too.
How to get your girlfriend or wife to appreciate sports:
- Take her to a game. The atmosphere; food, roaring crowd, other women, will engage her. Capitalize on this by surprising her pre-game with flowers. Your gesture won’t be forgotten. Even if she still doesn’t like sports, she will love you more and see this event as a date or outing.
- Explain your love for sports. An endearing tale of how playing catch daily with a relative or friend enriched your life touches the average girl’s heart. She will understand more why watching baseball or football relaxes you. This path is a better one to take than giving no explanation at all.
- Describe the rules of the game. Knowledge is power. It’s hard for anyone to enjoy something he or she doesn’t understand. Keep your description simple and brief. Add more details as your girlfriend or wife gets more acclimated to the sport of your choice.
- Be fair and balanced. A major reason why women resent sports is because they see this activity as a wedge between their men and themselves. Your girlfriend-wife wants YOU. If she is starved for attention anything can make her jealous. Therefore, take care of her needs first. Contribute around the house, talk and schedule quality time. Then, your adoration for sports won’t be such a big issue.
- Apologize for the past. Swallow your pride and explain that you understand that in the past you neglected her for sports. Give her chance to provide you feedback and then discuss how to have a better future together.
These tips can help you get your girlfriend or wife to appreciate sports. End the fights and misunderstanding over one of America’s favorite pastimes. For more assistance, read How to Make a Football Fan out of Your Wife and A Girl’s Guide to Understanding Football.
- Danica Patrick makes History
- 3 Reasons Eli Manning is Better Than Peyton Manning
- Los Angeles Lakers’ Trade for Dwight Howard Caps Dream Offseason