Living in a townhouse, apartment, or condominium can sometimes mean small rooms. Heavy and leggy furniture seem to block view of the passage or tend to take up a lot of floor space. Therefore, while choosing furniture we have to pay attention to the weight and actual size of the furniture, how many pieces have legs and how many pieces have a boxy appearance. Light color furniture makes a difference when it comes to maximizing a small living space.
Most people like to decorate the living room with box-style and leggy pieced furniture, a wooden or glass coffee table, two matching end tables and sofa tables; however, all these leave very little visual space. To make a small living room look more spacious, here are a few tips on how to have maximum furniture in a small living space:
- · First pick the right sized furniture. This way you can make sure that you have enough space to move around and place other objects in the living space.
- · Secondly, pick light-colored furniture. This will enlarge your living space and can make any room seem larger.
- · Then pick furniture without wide legs or that is not box-style. Leggy or box-style furniture takes up most of the passage view of the floor.
- · Make sure you pick slim and vertical furniture which is best for a small room. This will enhance the height of the room. Furniture that will serve it purpose includes tall corner lamps, shelves, a grandfather clock, and jars or vases.
- · Once you find the right-sized and light-colored furniture which is slim & vertical in appearance, now make sure it is not a sofa or couch as these can be too big for the living room. Chairs and love seats can be good alternatives for seating furniture and they can be as comfortable as sofas and couches plus they save space in your room.
- · Next, choose glass as the material for the coffee table. Glass is effective in reflecting and letting light into the living room. More light means more space can be seen in the room.
- · Now we need to maintain the tidiness and neatness of the living room. Objects that are of no use in the room will only create a mess and will also compete for space with the furniture.
- · Put accessories and decorations in the room; choose small ones so you can put a considerable number of decorative pieces in the room. You can also put a few fair-sized good fixtures which will act as accents but be sure not to put too much or not to clutter the room.
- · Ensure that the curtains, throw pillows, rugs and floor carpets you choose match the color of your furniture. You can even opt for nice small beautiful vases.
For these excellent tip on how to maximum furniture in a small living space, & other good tips you can find them online at www.sharehomeidea.com.