Recently, my husband and I were in charge of creating and executing a rousing game of a “clean” version of the Newlyweds game for a couples night at church. After much research (watching old shows on Youtube) and deciding the questions we did NOT want to ask in church, we agreed upon a set of questions.
Because we had around 12 couples to plan for the next problem was how to arrange the game. In the end we decided to have six couples at a time come to the hot seats. We had the husbands stay and the wives leave for the first round. We then asked the husbands 3 questions regarding what they thought their wife might answer and we had them write the answers down. When the wives came back they had to answer the questions that their husbands were asked. If they got it right, we gave them 5 points, written on a whiteboard and they usually kissed. If they got it wrong , the husbands were then punched in the arm by their wives. The husbands then left the room and we asked the wives new questions. We allowed the “audience” to be the judges if an answer was close.
By the time we were finished the game had lasted around an hour and a half. The first six couples were actually the only ones that wanted to do it at first but after the others saw that it wasn’t that bad and was really quite hilarious, they all wanted to play. The winner was the couple with the most points and the prize was a gift certificate to a restaurant.
Here is the list of the questions we ended up using:
1.What is your wife’s favorite flavor of ice cream?
2. A meteor is headed for your house. You have saved your family, pets, and the family photos. You have time to save one more item. What would your wife save?
3. Who snores the most?
Bonus point – Would you say that the above “snorer” snores like an elephant, kitty cat, or a Kodiak bear?
4. If your wife could choose one thing of yours to get rid of, what would she choose? (This particular question or actually the answers to this question are still being discussed and teased about – it was hilarious!)
5. Which of the following breakfast cereals best describes your wife’s family’s opinion of you when they first met you? Just Right, Oatmeal Squares, Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms, Fruit Loops.
6. What is your wife’s favorite – dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, or jelly beans?
7. How does your husband like his steak cooked?
8. If the prize for winning this game were a second honeymoon to any destination, where would you and your spouse go?
9. Which would your husband least like to do: go clothes shopping with you, clean the toilets or play the newlywed game in front of all your friends J?
10. If your husband were lost while driving in a foreign city, he would most likely:
a. Stop and buy a map
b. Stop and ask for directions
c. Pretend not to be lost
d. all of the above
11. What is your husband/wife’s favorite restaurant?
12. If your husband/wife could go shopping in any store and could spend as much as he/she wanted, where would he/she shop?