Thanksgiving is just over a month away. It is the time of the year to be graceful and to enjoy delicious food. It is always best to plan for a meal that does not involve spending the entire day in the kitchen. That mean the meal should not be the responsibility of one person. After all, more hands means less work.
The cooking appliances need to be in their best condition because they work their hardest during the holidays, so take time to prepare the oven and cook-top for the hard work ahead. It is best to clean the oven by hand rather than running the self-cleaning function, as it sometimes makes the oven run extremely hot and throws off the temperature.
Use these 5 helpful tips to prepare your kitchen for the best Thanksgiving meal this holiday.
- 1. Plan the number of guests in advance. This will help you prepare a precise budget for food, time, table space and chairs.
- 2. Always plan the menu in advance. This will help determine if you want to allow your guests to sit at the dining table for dinner, or eat from a buffet table.
- 3. Plan enough space at your home. After planning the number of guests, rent chairs and tables to ensure enough room is available. Also, cover the chairs with suitable slipcovers for a beautiful addition to the holiday table.
- 4. Buddy System and team cleanup. Ensure each team member lends a hand with the cleanup. Make sure a helper is present in the kitchen and helping with food preparation.
- 5. Prep the kitchen. After planning the meal, prep the kitchen with adequate serving utensils, and plan where the food will be served. Plan out other settings and seating arrangements.
Basic Recommended Thanksgiving food items
Sometimes it is hard not to go overboard on the side items for a big holiday meal. The turkey dinner is such a simple meal. The basics for the turkey dinner are Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing or dressing and cranberry sauce. The stuffing consisting of bread/cornbread, onions & celery and apples or dried cranberries which go best with mashed potatoes and gravy.
Another basic side item is the ever-popular green bean and fried onion casserole. It can be prepared with Progresso vegetable, classic creamy mushroom soup, soy sauce, a dash of black pepper, 2 table spoons of bread crumbs, cut green beans, and French fried onions.
A popular basic side item that will go good with the turkey is the utterly sweet concoction made with mashed sweet potatoes, pineapple and melted crusty marshmallows on the top. For these recommendation on food items and other great food item you can visit: http://chowhound.chow.com
Everybody knows that recipe selection is essential for the best Thanksgiving meal. Great side items cannot happen without a reliable functioning kitchen. Avoid any disappointments this Thanksgiving, and take my recommendations on how to prepare a kitchen & meal for the best Thanksgiving season.