1. Close the loop holes for the wealthy so that they don’t end up paying fewer income taxes than the middle class or no income taxes at all like they have done for years.
2. Drill more oil in the United States.
3. Raise the minimum wage to $9.00 an hour
4. End the war in 2014
5. Give businesses incentives to keep jobs in America which is already being done in many areas including Cleveland and Youngstown!
6. Provide better mental health awareness to reduce the stigma associated with it along with closing up the cracks our mentally ill slip though.
7. Ban high ammunition clips! Why does the average citizen need weapons as powerful as the police who are hired to protect us?
8. Only gives subsides to colleges that give the best education for the money.
9. Create more jobs.
10. Create the attitude that we are all part of the big American family no matter what our political or religious views may be.
11. Obama also proposes better preschools and education in general especially in math and science so that our children can get a leg up to compete with the children in other countries.
12. Make America a place where new jobs and new industries thrive! Help us learn how to reinvent ourselves and turn water and sunlight into fuel for cars.
13. We need to break our dependence on oil with bio-fuels, and become the first country to have 1 million electric vehicles on the road by 2015.
The president said and I quote! “We want to invest in biomedical research, information technology, and especially clean energy technology – an investment that will strengthen our security, protect our planet, and create countless new jobs for our people.”
14. Instead of subsidizing yesterday’s energy, we need to invest in tomorrows.
The president also stated: “By 2035, 80% of America’s electricity will come from clean energy sources. Some folks want wind and solar. Others want nuclear, clean coal, and natural gas. To meet this goal, we will need them all – and I urge Democrats and Republicans to work together to make it happen.”
The president is launching the Race to the Top program to all fifty states that say, “If you show us the most innovative plans to improve teacher quality and student achievement, we’ll show you the money!” Of course, the education race doesn’t end with a high school diploma. To compete, higher education must be within reach of every American. That’s why we’ve ended the unwarranted taxpayer subsidies that went to banks, and used the savings to make college affordable for millions of students. And this year, Obama is asking Congress to go further, and make permanent our tuition tax credit – worth $10,000 for four years of college.”
Obama’s last point about education: “Today, there are hundreds of thousands of students excelling in our schools who are not American citizens. Some are the children of undocumented workers, who had nothing to do with the actions of their parents. They grew up as Americans and pledge allegiance to our flag, and yet live every day with the threat of deportation. Others come here from abroad to study in our colleges and universities. But as soon as they obtain advanced degrees, we send them back home to compete against us. It makes no sense.”
We need to rebuild our broken infrastructure that presently has been graded as a D.
Obama stated that the third step in winning the future is rebuilding America. To attract new businesses to our shores, we need the fastest, most reliable ways to move people, goods, and information – from high-speed rail to high-speed internet.
Obama also proposed Health Care reform that makes the hospitals and doctors more transparent in their medical billing. We need to find out who is getting all our money?
I heard on CNN a few days ago that the CEO’s of the so called nonprofit hospitals can make over 9 million dollars a year! In a day and age when many people are dying due to not being able to afford their hospital bill, this is just unfair.
In conclusion: I believe that Obama is just what our country needs right now and that he has the courage to put aside some of his own political preferences in order to present his bipartisan proposals to be voted upon. I just hope that both parties in our Congress and Senate will step away from their political agendas and do what is best to save our country before it is too late.
Sources: CNN, ABC, NBC, HLN, CBS