Updating a phone should come naturally if you want it to be able to do so much more than it currently can. Especially if your device lacks the new version of an operating system. So this time we will teach owners of Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean by using a tool called XXDMB3. This firmware works very well with this kind of smartphone if you follow our tutorial. So here goes nothing.
Requirements are, for now, in order. So read about them and then follow our steps: charge the battery of the Note 2 LTE N7105, install USB Drivers for this particular model on your laptop, turn on USB Debugging on the handset, create a backup using this guide, download Android 4.1.2 N7105XXDMB3 and Odin tool v1.85 on your computer and use a factory unlocked smartphone. If you live in either Taiwan, Hong Kong or China, you won’t be able to use this guide. After grabbing the update on your device, you won’t have root access anymore; but, to be capable of regaining that back, you need to root the phone. So that was the introduction and some pre-requisites. Here is where we start our actual tutorial.
- For step one we prepared the following instructions: extract, on your laptop, the zip file of the first file you had to download in the requirements above.
- Step two is all about turning the Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 off, then helping it enter Download Mode like this: press + hold, at the same time, Volume Down and Power; now press Power, which will help the logo of Samsung appear on the phone’s touchscreen. Now that the handset is in the mode we wanted it to reach, you should launch ODIN on your laptop.
- Step three will give you this sort of recommendation: plug the handset to the laptop, then wait for the ID:COM area to become yellow + a number (the COM port) to show on the display.
- After the above happens and your two devices are connected to each other, you need to read all about the operations required for the fourth step. Here they are: you will see some files below. Click on various buttons to gain access to them. It all starts like this: – click on PDA and you should wait for a file with CODE in its name to appear; opt for it; – click on Phone; now choose the file that has MODEM in its name; – if you click on CSC, a file having CSC among the letters in its name will show up; select it; – as soon as you click on PIT, a .pit file shall appear; opt for it. In our experience, we didn’t come across these files every single time. So if you don’t, either, for this tutorial, just ignore the above four points and proceed to the following action: check F. Reset Time along with Auto Reboot.
- Step five needs you to check Re-Partition only if you happened to see the .pit file and chose it. Then click on Start and the installation is going to happen any second now.
- For step six you should see if the Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 restarts after the installation is over. If it does, then wait for the phone’s home screen to pop up. If not, repeat every single step starting with the first one.
- For step seven, the last one in our countdown, you will have to disconnect the handset from your laptop. And that’s it.