Caprese or Chicken Caprese is a famous Italian Cuisine which is not just simple to make but also tasty. Have you ever imagined from where it originated? Caprese is a form of salad recipe which originated in a place called Capri, Italy. And for a caprese salad or a recipe there are some basic ingredients which are meant to be together and the fusion of these ingredients create a wonderful recipe called caprese. The basic ingredients are –
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Fresh tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt (sea salt preferable) and
If we get into the history of this recipe, as I mentioned Caprese’s origin hails from Italian region of Campania called Capri and the salad is sometimes referred to as “insalata tricolore” because of its red, white and green colors which replicate the Italian national flag.
So green colour is represented by the basil leaves, white by the mozzarella cheese and tomatoes represent the red colour, interesting isn’t it!
So what’s so special about Caprese?
It gives you freedom to play with the dish. Starting from an appetizer or any easy recipes you can also make main dish out of it. Few days back I got this simple recipe of chicken caprese. This recipe is so simple that a kid can make this recipe without any problem. I have made few changes although in this recipe. So without making any further delay, let’s discuss about this recipe.
This recipe is inspired from the Knorr’s recipe section and the recipe is known as Chicken Caprese.
This recipe can serve up to 4 Servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 ¼ lb.)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tub Chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup small cubes mozzarella cheese (about 2 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning (salt and pepper)
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Heat oil in 12-inch non-stick skillet pan over medium-high heat and cook chicken with the chicken seasonings, turning once, 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Stir in garlic, onion and tomato and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add water, balsamic vinegar and chicken stock to skillet and stir until Stock is melted. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 3 minutes. Now add the chicken pieces in this mixture cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Stir in cheese and basil and cook until cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute. Sprinkle the Italian herb over it and serve hot.
Simple and yummy, I am sure you will enjoy this easy recipe. This recipe is good for summers and you can make it even in weeknights. Try it and I am sure you will enjoy this recipe. Bon appetite!