I look at pictures of you and see so much hope, potential and joy ahead for you. I see a life filled with excitement, happiness and adventures.
If you let it…
Life can be hard, girl, but there can be so much good too. Don’t allow the hard times to overshadow the good ones, because there will be many of both. It’s your choice as to which one you focus on. We all face challenges in life; it’s how you deal with them that are important.
So, with that being said Karen wants to share some tips with you to take on your life’s journey.
- 1. Don’t be afraid of life. The world can seem like a big, scary place but instead of hiding from it, embrace all that it has to offer. Go outside of your small world and explore other places, people and cultures. If you get an opportunity to do something new don’t allow fear to hold you back and rob you of wonderful new adventures.
- 2. Don’t take yourself so seriously. Life can be serious at times, but you don’t have to be so serious all the time. Let go, laugh and have fun- especially in the difficult times. It’s great to be responsible but you need to let your inner karen emerge from time to time. karen and Karen are one and they both need equal time to allow their souls to grow. If you don’t ever let karen out she will die.
- 3. Treat yourself better than anyone else would. I know you don’t always feel worthy or valued by people. Keep in mind, before people can value you, Karen has to learn to value herself first. The most important relationship you will ever have is with yourself. All relationships begin and end with the one you have with yourself. If you don’t have a good relationship with yourself how can you with anyone else? Be kind, respectful, compassionate and gentle with yourself. karen doesn’t know this yet but Karen’s favorite quote is “You teach people how to treat you.” Teach them that they must treat you well.
- 4. Don’t be afraid to tell people you care about how you feel. I know this is a foreign concept to you that doesn’t come naturally, but it doesn’t mean you can’t learn it. If you have friends that mean the world to you then tell them. Don’t assume people know how you feel and let an opportunity go by and then it’s too late. Tell your husband, kids, family members and whoever else how much you love them as often as you can. Putting yourself out there can be scary, karen, but refer to tip number 1.
- 5. Don’t gossip. karen, this took Karen years to learn. It doesn’t make you look important to pass on gossip. This can be very hurtful to people and you may wind up hurting people that you care about. As karen got older she learned the 3 rules of gossip that she lives by:
1. Is it true?
2. Is it kind?
3. Is it necessary? (to spread it)
If none of the above apply, Karen keeps her mouth shut and she is far less stressed out and worried that she may have said the wrong thing. As a matter of fact, it makes her feel good to have not talked about someone; a whole lot more important than if she had.
So, there you have it dear, karen, some tips from older and wiser Karen. Karen gives karen a hug and says “it will all be ok”.