I hate see my sisters go out like this, but every church has them – female members who have been waiting for the men of their dreams for years. Usually, their romeos are males in the congregation with status and power, but no intentions of either getting married again or to any of these hungry birds. Sadly, one of these ladies is currently starring in a reality TV show. Loretta (last name unknown) is in “Preachers of L.A.”; she’s the good friend to Bishop Noel Jones. This poor woman believes they have a chance at love, but any fan of the show can tell he’s just leading her on.
Women, signs you’ve been hanging on too long:
- He won’t claim you. You see this scenario in the relationship between Loretta and Bishop Noel Jones. He refuses to elevate her to girlfriend or wife although they clearly are very close. A man who won’t give you a title isn’t that serious about you.
- You’ve been waiting. And, I am not talking about a few months or even a year. You’ve been waiting much longer for him to make a real move, but nothing significant has happened yet except occasional sex. In the case of Loretta and Bishop Noel Jones, according to her, they have been tight for 16 years. Yet, he won’t make his feelings for her clear, so she can move on without wondering ‘if only I’d held on a little longer’.
- Everyone thinks you’re a couple, except you and the guy. Your body language, time together and friendship suggest that a romantic relationship SHOULD be present. In “Preachers of L.A.”, the cast seems to feel this way about Loretta and Bishop Noel Jones. For this reason, she was invited to a tea for first ladies.Then, after arrival, she had to go on the defense about their sketchy relationship.
- You are the aggressor. You keep the relationship alive by actively seeking attention from him. You’re secretly afraid that if you relax just a bit, he might disappear from your world. Loretta does this with Bishop Noel Jones. She demands his time and constantly complains about him working too much. Conversely, he only seems to make her a priority at his convenience.
- Time is passing you by. No one wants to be old, single and alone. Unfortunately, the quickest way to achieve this status is by wasting your time with a man (or people in general) who treat you like an afterthought. Your needs and desires aren’t important to them, so they don’t take care of you. Sorry to those of you who adore his teaching, but Bishop Noel Jones seems to be unaware that time is passing his friend Loretta by. If he really doesn’t want her, she should cut ties with her as an act of mercy.
In conclusion, by the end of “Preachers of L.A.”, I hope that Loretta sees the light and realizes she’s been hanging on too long. I have a feeling that LaVette, wife to Bishop Ron Gibson, might try to reach out to her. Hopefully, she will convince Loretta that the grass just might greener on the other side away from Bishop Noel Jones.
Also see: “Preachers of L.A.”: What was Missing in the Bios