Workforce management is a necessary evil, so why make it harder than it needs to be? Workforce management is getting leaner in 2014, with advanced software applications and cloud computing leading the way to a completely streamlined approach to maximize resource utilization and boost the bottom line without sacrificing quality.
Workforce Management isn’t Short on Challenges
There are a slew of challenges associated with workforce management. Enterprises are facing more variables to consider when planning every move and increasing factors that impact results, only making workforce management increasingly complex as time goes on. It’s not difficult for enterprises to get stuck in the trap of continuing old processes and even maintaining traditional workflows, simply because it’s always been that way or is working just fine. If it’s not broken, why fix it?
The problem is that it is broken. Hanging on to outdated approaches may be getting you by, but it’s not doing you any favors. It’s not helping you beat your competitors, and it’s not helping you find more time in the day to focus on profitable activities. It’s not helping you embrace new technologies or develop innovative solutions. If anything, it’s creating unnecessary stress and eating up valuable time and keeping you in a non-growth mindset.
Enterprises Must Adopt Better Workforce Management Methods
The fact is that many enterprises are being forced to adopt better workforce management methods. The trend is shifting towards lean operations, and workforce management solutions are becoming more advanced. With 79 percent of global IT leaders citing mobility as a top priority, the remaining 21 percent will struggle to keep pace with innovation if they fail to take advantage of opportunities only a fully mobilized and streamlined workforce can create.
At the same time, enterprises are also embracing mobility, creating a need for workforce management solutions targeted to the mobile enterprise. And these solutions are offering sophisticated capabilities for streamlining processes, optimizing scheduling and maximizing resource utilization.
Comprehensive Workforce Management Software Bridges the Gap
Re-structuring the workflow is a major undertaking, especially for larger corporations with diverse teams. But there’s no reason to avoid it when there are comprehensive workforce management solutions that can make the transition from the old to the new pretty seamless. And that means you can focus on embracing opportunities and delivering better service, not the administrative, management and planning hassles that come with a complete overhaul.
Workforce management solutions aren’t out-of-the-box software programs that take a cookie-cutter approach. These solutions are flexible, scaleable and customizable to accommodate the distinct needs of the modern enterprise. Some workforce management platforms also embrace integration, meaning your software infrastructure can become a comprehensive, central data and communications hub rather than a fragmented, scattered collection of individual data sets and departments that waste time and lead to avoidable errors.
Workforce management solutions include a variety of services and components that can have positive impacts on multiple facets of your organization, such as:
- Automated job scheduling and dispatching
- Asset management and resource utilization tools
- Workforce planning and forecasting
- Managing work orders
- Timesheets and reporting, even for mobilized teams
- Cost-to-service balancing
- Sophisticated data analysis
Enterprises can customize these solutions further with third-party integrations or with add-on components that serve specific needs within the organization. With comprehensive solutions like these, there’s no reason for enterprises to remain stuck in traditional methods.
Instead of struggling with outdated processes simply because you don’t have the time or resources to devote to a major overhaul, implement a comprehensive workforce management solution to skip the hassles and headaches and move straight to a streamlined, integrated workflow. When the positive results are so close within reach, embracing change is easy.