What do you know about your favorite actor or actress? Folklore surrounding them is often made-up to create an attractive or unattractive image. In reality, these men and women are regular people too with flaws and weaknesses. The main difference between them and us is their unique ability to transform into characters.
Myths about actors and actresses:
- They are tall. Hollywood is the land of the short people. A lot of romantic male leads like Tom Cruise are shorter than the average guy, 5’9. Their female love-interests often have to walk in man-made trenches to avoid towering over them.
- Beauty is a must. Untrue. Often, the most successful high profile people in the industry have unconventional looks. For example, Tommy Lee Jones, Danny Devito, and Linda Hunt are Hollywood mainstays. None of them are known for being sexy, but their talent speaks for itself.
- These folks get paid. According to Salary.com, a working actor/performer earns approximately $51,082 per year. This number is inline with average income for an American family. Consequently, only top stars rake in the big bucks and see over six figures during the life of their career.
- Excess fat is a no-no. Several actors and actresses have cashed in on their weight. Mo’Nique, Kevin James, and Roseanne Barr used their full figures as comic relief in sitcoms and movies. These three made millions and later took measures, for health reasons, to shed pounds.
- They aren’t monogamous. Guess what? There are celebrity couples that have been together for over twenty years. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have been married since 1988. Annette Bening and Warren Beatty have been married since 1992. And there are others that rock the system and remain committed to the same person for decades.
- Acting is a calling. Not necessarily. This craft is often an offshoot of another profitable career. Often, models, rappers and professional athletes end up on the small screen because of their primary means of making money. People love them and as a result a TV producer decides to put them in a show to boost ratings. Surprisingly, a few of these individuals end up being good at acting like Ice Cube and Ice Tea.
In conclusion, these myths about actors and actresses reveal that they aren’t so different from us. Keep this in mind the next time you watch the Oscars.
Katy Perry’s 5 Best Bikini Moments
Top 10 Acting Myths
Top 10 strongest celeb couples
Overweight Comics Who Use their Size to Gain Fame and Fortune
Shortest Hunks in Hollywood