With New Year’s Eve right around the corner, many people are busy attempting to figure out their plans. This may not be as easy of a task as one may expect, due to the overwhelming amount of options. This guide will list some of the top New Year’s Eve events while taking into account: price, location, venue, and theme.
First, navigating the city on New Year’s Eve may be confusing to those not from the area. However, there are a number of straight forward options for getting into and around the city. Washington DC has a reliable Metro train & bus system in place that travels throughout the District and surrounding states (Maryland and Virginia). The Metro will stay open til 2 am on New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day, making it a good option for those not residing walking distance from their party destination. Also, taxi’s are plentiful throughout the night, thus in most areas it will not be an issue hailing a cab. There are also popular services such as Uber (an app for your smart phone), where you can find private freelance drivers that are in your vicinity & will pick you up. Finally, WRAP (Washington Regional Alcohol Program) is offering SoberRide, a service that is completely free and runs from 10 pm to 6 am & can be accessed by calling 1-800-200-Taxi. This service covers Taxi fares up to $30, the customer is responsible for anything over.
New Years Eve 2014 Washington DC Guide:
-9th Annual New Years Eve Masquerade Ball at Stonefish DC (1708 L St, NW DC) starts at 9 p.m. This event is hosted by 360 nightlife, which is one of the areas leading promotional companies. Stonefish is a brand new restaurant & lounge that just recently opened in the L Street, Northwest corridor. The event features an one-hour open bar and appetizers from 9-10 p.m. They will be giving out complimentary masquerade masks as well as champagne toasts at midnight. One of DC’s top DJ’s – DJ LS will be spinning the best in hit music. Ticket prices are currently $35 and tables start at $500 for six people. For more information click here.
– New Years Eve 2014 at Muse (717 6th St, NW DC) starts at 8 p.m. This New Year’s Eve party is popular with the young professional and upper college level crowd with 3 floors of music playing a mix of top 40, dance, EDM, and hip hop. Tickets include a two-hour premium open bar and appetizers from 8-10 p.m., champagne toast, and party favors. Ticket prices start at $35 but will rise in increments closer to the date. Tables begin at $500 for six people. For more information click here.
– Zengo ( 781 7th St NW DC) is hosting a New Year’s Eve 2014 party that starts at 9 p.m. The theme is “Destination Rio,” thus the venue will be decked out in Brazilian Carnival special decor, as well as offering patrons complimentary masquerade masks & feathers. Tickets include an open bar and appetizers from 9-10 p.m. A DJ will be spinning a mix of Top 40 hits, Latin, Hip Hop and International. Ticket prices are currently $30 and tables start at $500 for six people. For more information click here.
– EuroNet International is hosting their 12th Annual James Bond Thunderball New Year’s Eve event at Washington Plaza Hotel (10 Thomas Circle, NW DC). This hotel ball features numerous ballrooms with a 007 movie theme. In addition, there will be casino games, multiple DJ’s and a live band. General ticket prices start at $129.99 and include an open bar from 9:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. VIP ticket prices start at $199 and include a 3 course gourmet dinner in addition to the open bar. For more information click here.
– Big Night DC is an annual New Years Eve event hosted at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center (201 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, MD). This event caters to over 7,000 people with 15 different themed areas, multiple dj’s, a party band and numerous bars. Main event tickets are currently $129.99 (premium open bar with food), VIP tickets (top shelf open bar) are $189.99, and Velvet Rope 18th Floor tickets are $299. For more information click here.
– Odyssey cruise ship (Gangplank Marina, 6th and Water Streets, SW Washington, D.C.) will be hosting a New Years Eve bash on the Potomac River. You will board at 9 p.m. and the party includes open bar, desert, live entertainment, and dancing. Enjoy great views of DC’s landmarks at night. Ticket price is $199.99 per adult. For more information click here.
– First night Alexandria is hosting a New Years Eve event in Old Town Alexandria starting at noon and finishing with a firework display at midnight. This is a family friendly event and all ages are welcome. Tickets are currently $15 but will rise to $20 by December 17th. For more information click here,
– Echostage (2135 Queens Chapel Rd. NE) will be featuring Swedish House DJ Eric Prydz for a bass pumping New Year’s Eve bash. DC’s largest dance club will be open to those who are 18 and older, which is in contrast to most venues being 21 and older. Tickets are $60. For more information click here.