Believe it or not, we are already in the middle of October, which means that Black Friday (the somewhat unofficial beginning of the Christmas shopping season) is just a little more than a month away.
With that in mind, below are some gift ideas specifically tailored to the die-hard Mets fan (however many of us actually even exist anymore):
1. Citi Field poster: This is a great gift for a Mets fan because it can be used anywhere. Whether it be in the bedroom, the basement, or the sports man cave, this cheap option for a gift will surely make your Mets fan happy. I have had this very poster in my college dorm room for the last three years and not a day goes by where I don’t look at that poster and smile.
2. Mets pennant: Along the same lines as the poster, a Mets pennant is a nice addition to places such as a college dorm room or an office. Something that stands out and says, “I’m a Mets fan and I’m not afraid to show it,” to anybody who may walk in.
3. Mets shot glasses: Does your Mets fan constantly get angry when his/her team blows it in the 9th inning? Does the gift recipient enjoy drinking? Either way, a small shot glass or two would make for a nice souvenir-esque little memento.
4. Mets golf balls: If you’re Mets fan is a golfer, then consider buying him/her a set of golf balls emblazoned with the Mets logo. That way, after a loss, they can hit the golf course and smack the Mets balls with all their might!
5. Mets jacket: A perfect gift idea for the Mets fan who really wants to look the part. Hooking your Mets fan up with an authentic Mets jacket will make him/her feel like one of the team. It’s quite a bit more pricy than the previous ideas, but this particular jacket is one of my favorites.
6. Mets bag: This gift can work for all ages (although the back-to-school backpacks are probably better suited for the younger crowd). There are many different bag options, from two straps to laptop bags and just about anything in between. There’s also a nice variety of color combinations and logo designs, so buying a Mets bag would not only be functional, but also pretty customizable.
7. Mets license plate frame: How about letting all the drivers on the road know who your teams is. A Mets license plate not only looks nice, but it goes with you everywhere (well, everywhere your car goes anyway).
8. Mets hat: A hat is a great gift idea, as long as the recipient actually wears hats. A hat can be worn to a game, to a golf outing, and anywhere in between. Might I suggest the classic royal blue look, which can be found for a reasonable price at the attached link.
9. Mets jersey: As a Mets fan, one of my favorite possessions is my David Wright away jersey that I got from my first ever visit to Citi Field. Yes jerseys are expensive, but nothing says I love you to your beloved Mets fan by getting him/her an authentic MLB licensed jersey. I absolutely love the new blue uniforms that they have this year, especially with the All Star Game logo on the sleeve. You can start here and compare to other websites to get the best price.
10. Mets ticket: What better way to surprise your Mets fan by giving them a ticket to a Mets game? Mets single game ticket packages can be purchased from the attached link.
Happy early holiday shopping!