Oh Baby Ka diapers can easily be found online and are commonly sold on eBay from many overseas sellers. I have tried a few brands of cloth diapers, and this has been the best one I have found so far. Here are my reasons.
1. Easy fit. My child loves to take off his diapers. It’s just who he is. He’s become great at it too. This means that Velcro diapers were not an option for our family. The snap closure helps them stay on right. You can adjust these to fit so they don’t grow out of them until about the time they are out of diapers, anyways.
2. Absorbent. Unlike some diapers, the cloth that is used in the diapers is also very absorbent. Some makers use a towel-like fabric that does a horrible job of absorbing the fluid. It’s true that the power is in the insert, but for Oh Baby Ka diapers they offer added protection. In fact, I’ve often changed diapers while having the fabric as dry as a bone and the inserts being soaked.
3. Little to no leaking. The bottom lining is lined with PUL, polyurethane laminate. This virtually stops the leaks and allows the urine to stay in the inserts rather than soaking the outside of the diaper. The diapers also have elastic around the inner thigh. This helps the fluids stay in the diaper while allowing the body to breath. I used to try to secure my old diapers tight so that the fluids wouldn’t leak out, but the elastic shrinks that area so it’s not left open.
4. Long lasting. I have been using these diapers for over a year now. The same ones that I originally ordered. They have been through the dryer, moving across the state and even forgetting to wash a lost pair. They have lasted and are in the same condition as I bought them in. They also do not hold smell so I’ve barely washed them, at times, and you’d think they were never used.
5. Affordability. You can find these diapers online for around $3-$4 a piece, which is good when you only need about five or seven of them if you can wash them everyday. If you’ve seen the price of some of the more popular cloth diapers, some can cost around $15-$30 a piece. I’ve always like diaper cover and insert diapers because you only need a few of these Oh Baby Ka’s and then you can spend the rest of the money on good, absorbent inserts.
6. Almost disposable. With other cloth diapers, I’ve really seen why people have ditched using cloth diapers but this brand really shows that cloth diapers have come a long way. I really don’t see that many differences between these and disposable diapers. I’ve always wondered what it would be like to simply wash my disposables but these really come close. I’ve had them for a while and have really had no problems with them so far.