Playgrounds can add new life and value to a school or commercial area. Most schools and parks do not have the capital on hand to purchase the equipment they need.
Through my experience as marketing manager for a fundraising startup that assisted schools in fundraising, I learned that there are many options available for schools and commercial areas to receive assistance in funding a brand new playground. Depending on your needs and availability to funding, working directly with the recreational supply company may be your best option.
One of the companies willing to work with schools and commercial locations in a variety of ways is Creative Recreational Systems, who I will use as an example in this article. Creative Recreational provides a wide array of playground equipment, sports & fitness equipment, benches, shade structures, and more while providing free quotes, safety inspections, maintenance, installations, and even financing. This article looks at fundraising and financing as options to get the playground or recreational equipment that your school or commercial area is in need of.
Fundraising for playground equipment is a great way to get parents and the community involved in your project and an opportunity to create long lasting relationships that will benefit your school or organization for years to come.
– An Unraiser: An unraiser is going against the traditional school fundraiser options of selling products and receiving a portion of the sales in return. Unraisers inform the intended target of why the money is needed, what good it will do, and asks for donations of a certain amount. Although some feel uncomfortable giving money without getting anything in return, there will be a certain amount of your intended target that does want to give to your cause without having to buy a pizza kit or overpriced chocolate.
– Silent Auction: This is one of the best options to get the entire community involved. Ask local businesses for product donations to advertise their business while giving to your cause. The money raised will go directly to your cause. This option does take a lot of time and effort, but can turn out to be a great option for schools and organizations.
– Traditional School Fundraiser: If you want to get the students involved, you can use a traditional school fundraiser, which consists of choosing a product or service to sell, and your cause will get a percentage of the end sales.
– Fun Publicity Fundraiser: There are a countless number of ways to fundraise using creative and unique publicity stunts. My elementary school principal agreed to shave his head, and the gym teacher agreed to pierce both of his ears if we reached a specific level of fundraising. We achieved the goal fundraising amount and I still remember it to this day!
– Crowdfunding: Online options like DonorsChoose.org have given schools and organizations options to reach donors online. You can advertise your cause and ask for funding all from a computer.
As mentioned earlier, there are well established and respected playground equipment companies that provide options for financing. Creative Recreational offers monthly payment options that can assist you with covering the entire cost of the project, or a portion of it if you are able to raise funds using one of the fundraising suggestions above.
After weighing your options, it’s time to get started! Here are several steps after identifying that you are in need of a playground or recreational equipment:
– Identify what your needs are and what product(s) will satisfy your needs. You can view an array of playground options on CreativeSystems.com.
– After deciding on what you want, do your research on recreational companies, and get a free quote to accurately assess what your project will cost.
– Determine how you plan on financing the project and who will help with the planning, fundraising, and building of the equipment if necessary.
– If you are not able to pay for the equipment outright, finance the remaining portion through a trusted company.
Creative Recreational Systems